Anyone Recognize this Model T Body Manufacturer?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Anyone Recognize this Model T Body Manufacturer?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:26 am:

Hello All!
Does anyone recognize the manufacturer of the body on this 1914-15 Model T? Is it a Martin-Parry, Mifflinburg, York, or ??? My next question is, does anyone have a body like this one? Many Thanks!!!
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker - Sumter, SC on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:59 am:

Verne,

Sorry, I don’t recognize the body maker, but I will keep an eye out as I look through catalogs etc. in the future. If I run across a match I will let you know.

Would you please send me a high resolution scan of that photograph or let me know where I maybe able to obtain a higher resolution copy? Just click on my name at the beginning of the post which brings up my profile and the third line down is my e-mail address.

Notice the car looks new in the photo – i.e. no dings and dents and shinny paint and even the dust covers are still on the valve stems. The rods running to the windshield look a little bent so maybe the car was recently refurbished? My initial guess is that chassis was likely produced sometime between Jan to Apr 1915. Note it has many 1914 features – the dash, the side lamps, the straight rear fenders, the hood former. But is also has some 1915 parts such as the louvered hood, brass rimmed electric headlamps, and the lip on the front fenders. Of course the parts could have been mixed or matched later, but if that body was mounted on a chassis purchased from Ford and all those parts came on that chassis then the Jan to Apr 1915 is a likely time frame when that could have occurred (possibly even a litter earlier or later).

I would like to look at a higher resolution photo to check for other details. Do you have any additional information about the photo that could help us date when it was taken?

Thank you so much for posting it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap 1915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and 1907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:05 pm:

Two piece dash and windshield support rods would lend this T to be earlier than a '14-'15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 12:39 pm:

I think Hap was correct. The splash aprons are 1915 - 1917. It was likely a 1915 commercial chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 01:24 pm:

Copuld this be a picture of an early restoreation? Say 50's maybe early 60's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 02:08 pm:

Given how tall the body is and the fact that it would then need a really tall windshield, it appears that a very tall spacer board was added to perhaps a stock 1914 squared cornered dash. Certainly the windshield support rods like this were not used in 1914. I think the whole windshield setup might very well have been part of the add on equipment needed as part of the commercial conversion of this running gear. I think a running "chassis only" from Ford did not normally include a windshield but did include a dash. That makes it an early 1915 running gear with aftermarket windshield and body added.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:10 am:

Thanks for the responses. The photo was made in the early 1970's off an original negative. I believe it was taken in Wichita in Riverside Park. It looks to me like it was taken shortly after the car was completed, due to the fact it is still clean.
Verne

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration