1908 advert. This the best tonic. Testing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1908 advert. This the best tonic. Testing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:14 pm:

This is my last try. I'v taken pic's of the advertizment in the news paper and it comes out to dark and hard to read because the paper is to weatherd and faded. I copied the paper onto white printer paper to give it some contrst. Hope this turns out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:33 pm:

Looks good to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 03:40 pm:

Will, you are on a roll. Keep it up.
Good job.

Are you selling the water, too???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Puckey, Chagrin Falls, OH on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 04:00 pm:

Very readable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 04:03 pm:

I knew you could do it. :-) Keep them coming....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 05:23 pm:

We're waiting for more Will.
Only ever heard of Brite's disease once. My cousin had it when he was in high school.
They said it was from trying to drink all of the beer in Wisconsin without stopping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 05:57 pm:

Brite's disease is no longer recognized, but Bright's disease is well known today. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright's_disease for the full details and to know if you might have contracted it without knowing you have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 06:45 pm:

Buffalo water?

I wonder what part of the Buffalo you that from!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 07:09 pm:

Thomas Edison was a sufferer of Bright's Disease, most likely due to his milk diet towards the end of his life. He'd drink 7-14 glasses of milk a day instead of eating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 03:37 am:

Thanks Will - start 'em coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:23 pm:

Great Will. I like the copy on these ads, our language sure has changed.

Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:05 pm:

I wonder if that is the same type of Lithia water as the spring in Ashland, Oregon? There is a park in the middle of Ashland called Lithia Park, and they have drinking fountains there where you can get "Lithia water". It is naturally carbonated water. It tastes like Alka Seltzer, and it is good for heartburn!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:36 pm:

I was born in Ashland, and we lived there until I was 7. It was fun to trick visitors with the Lithia water at an unmarked fountain. I don't remember having heartburn as a kid, and I sure didn't like that water.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:17 pm:

We've got a Lithia Springs here in FL, but I'm not sure if the water is the same other Lithia Springs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration