Two New Pictures of my T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Two New Pictures of my T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 07:50 pm:

Here's a couple shots of the windshield. I just had glass installed this week by a local glass shop, ordered the gaskets on Thursday and they arrived today. Put them on and voila!

I know you probably cannot see the glass, but at least you know it's there because of the gasket.

Only need to drill for the four attachment bolts and I am all set.

I cannot pull it out until after Dec. 20th when my landlord's business closes for the season. (Christmas Tree farm).

Pic 1

Pic 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 08:11 pm:

NICE!!! :-)
Did you use the original brass channels or rubber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:51 pm:

I used the original brass channels. And I specified "No Identification Marks" on the glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:15 pm:

After the 20th, if I can get it to run without the accessory hot air pipe, I'll pull the car out of the shelter and take some shots of the windshield in the day time. I finally found a set of stanchions that were not bent. I believe them to be NOS (they didn't appear to ever have been attached to a car), and the rubber channels were complete. So now I have like three sets of stanchions, in varying states of use.

The hot air pipe I have (reproduction) does not fit the manifold or carb correctly, so I've never ran the car with it. Oh, well.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 06:19 pm:

OK 5:15 pm and the windshield is now permanently affixed to the car. Bolt holes needed some nudging and bolts slid in with a gentle tap.

I promise pics will be forth coming. My car has come a long way since April of this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:35 pm:

Is your garage heated? You probably wont need it if so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:44 pm:

I have a portable electric heater in there right now. One of those Stanley contractor jobs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration