Speedster tool box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Speedster tool box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By martin Cooke on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 07:53 pm:

Does anyone have a drawing or dimensions of the wooden toolbox for a speedster. I am looking for the slanted one if possible but the straight sided one would work. I know I could make it whatever I want but a set of drawing would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:40 pm:

I built mine and it is slanted. You make it fit the area it is going in. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:18 pm:

This is mine. Will need to get measurements tomorrow. Pretty much just a wooden box with a lid. It does have a false floor to accomidate the rear spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:37 pm:

If you have an original, you may try to build the body to make it work. Otherwise, build a nice, simple box to fit the space you have. Don't build it too big though. It may be nice for carrying things, but throws the look of the car out of proportion and balance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:04 pm:

My box is 27" X 11.5" X 11.5" H. The top is 27" X 11.5" X 2" H. If your box will sit over the frame hump housing the rear spring add 1" X 2" strips around bottom on inside to support a removable floor. May need higher (1" X 3") strips depending on how much your frame protrudes. Inside corner braces as shown in Waynes photo will add quite a bit to strength. Good luck. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:58 pm:

If you have to pack clothes and parts for a 12 hour day across hundreds of miles, you do what you gotta'd do: use a trunk.

I bought this off tbay for under $100. They're found in antique shops everywhere.

rdr

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration