Radiator filler neck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Radiator filler neck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Batchelder on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 08:05 pm:

Hi I my name is Duane have been on this site for a couple months.Did not know how to post thank you seth for your imput. I have a told 23? engine says 26? model tt. I need a new filler neck on my rad,is there a diferance from the teens to the 20s on the cap size?tttt1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:30 pm:

Not likely a 1923. We need more details of the engine, firewall, and running boards to be sure of the year. 1926 is more likely. The steel cab came out in very late 1924 and continued into 1927 with only minor changes, unlike the cars which changed drastically in very late 1925 for the 1926 model year. It looks like a steel cab truck in your pictures.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:34 pm:

And I forgot to answer the main question! The radiator neck hardly changed from 1917 through 1927. Repros are available from the parts vendors and originals can be found. Any after 1917 will fit.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:37 pm:

Duane,

Measure your radiator core from tank to tank.

If it's a '23 model, it should have a low radiator and the core will measure 17" tall.

If it is a later model, it should have a high radiator and the core will measure 18 3/8" tall.

I believe the filler necks are the same on the low radiators ('23 and earlier model years) and high radiators ('24 and later model years).

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker - Sumter, SC on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 09:44 pm:

Duane,

Welcome aboard! To answer you question, the filler neck is listed as the same part 1917 to 1927 and the radiator cap threads are the same 1909-1927 (the first 2500 had a different shape – but I don’t know if they had a different thread or not.)

You may be able to obtain a used filler neck from a 1917-1927 radiator or Brassworks may have a new reproduction – see their page at: http://www.thebrassworks.net/modelt_radiator_parts.aspx where they ask you to call for availability.

As Wayne shared the Cab appears to be 1925 or later model. Many Model Ts have parts from more than one year as the owners often replaced worn out or damaged parts. Some higher resolution photos would allow folks to help you date your truck more accurately if you would like that sort of help.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Batchelder on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:22 am:

Thanks guys.I value your input.Will get better pics and post later.I have titled it as 26. Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:38 am:

Duane, Look at your dash. If the entire cab is original, and not a combination of different year pieces, the 26-27 cab will have the oval, nickle plated switch and ammeter panel with the small ammeter. If it has the square, black switch and ammeter panel with the large ammeter (assuming that someone hasn't installed a small ammeter with an adapter ring in it), it is a 25 or earlier cab. The 27, I understand, also had a wider stake bed that earlier models. There is a previous post on this year's forum about that, giving measurements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Batchelder on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:44 pm:

Has 26-27 ignition engine id says sold 04 1927. Bed is 9'3" x 6',hood lenth is 23-25.coil box in cab firewall horn mount I believe before 26 model/ Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:29 pm:

If it has the 26-27 ignition switch and the engine is dated by casting date or serial number as a 27, then I would bet that is what it is. I may be wrong but I think you have the wider bed which 27's had. I think they all used the 23-25 hood and firewalls, reguardless of year, but I've been wrong before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Batchelder on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 08:36 pm:

You guys are great love this site/ Thanks alot Duane

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration