So, I posted an ad in the classifieds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: So, I posted an ad in the classifieds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen-Central Minnesota on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 10:12 pm:

So, I posted an ad in the classifieds for a book. I listed the book's condition and the reason for selling it in the ad. The book sold very quickly to a nice gentleman from Iowa.

Today, I got a funny email from a scammer regarding my ad. Here's the text from the scammer:

Hello,
I came across your ad and I'll like to know the following questions
regarding the ad.

Q#1. How long have you owned it?
Q#2. a) Have you owned it from new?
b) If not how many previous owner?
Q#3.Why are you selling it?
Q#4. In your opinion, what sort of conditionis it?
Q#5. Any available photo? attached
Q#6. How much are you asking for it?
Q#7. Do you accept a ( Cashier Check / postal Money Order with cheque)as a mode of payment.
Thanks.
Frank Millet.

All these questions regarding a book! Do you think Frank's ever fooled anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:01 pm:

I got exactly the same questions from a different name. I had fun answering #2a. At least I had a car for sale.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:59 am:

I answer them all (spams) with the same two word reply.

They think they have a sucker, they open the email, and I hope it infuriates them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:22 am:

Me too, I just delete it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration