Fords records of sale/shipments?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Fords records of sale/shipments?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:18 am:

Did Ford keep a registry of where the cars went? Maybe a log of serial ranges that got shipped to various dealers that we can look at to see where our cars were sold?

(kind of like getting a paper from winchester and colt stating where the firearm was shipped and when it was built)

I know allot of engine swapping and such happened so it will just be a probable for pre 26-27 cars with unstamped frames but still....?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 02:13 am:

Ford archives only document the earliest years. I don't know of any records other than your state's DMV that may have later info (and most don't keep records back very far). My grandfather's coupe came to Texas in 1941 from Iowa, LA, but he bought it used, so there's no telling the car's history before he bought it. If it was an original LA. car, It could have been assembled at either the New Orleans or Houston branch, but no one knows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:28 am:

The Ford Accounts Receivables at the Benson Ford research library show shipments of Model T's to dealers, distributors, and in some cases, individuals. The records end at January 1915, and they are incomplete. It is like finding a needle in a haystack to find your car's serial number because the records are organized by dealer or purchaser name.

I was fortunate to find my 1913 touring's (now Constantine's) shipping record entry, but was unable to locate entries for a dozen other serial numbers that I had brought.

The only way to search the archive is in person.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration