Outing with Albert - Kiddie Hauling

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Outing with Albert - Kiddie Hauling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:34 am:

A contrast from this week's hay hauling, last week we loaded up Albert and did a bit of kiddie hauling. After a lap in the hay field at least 3 kids had to go home with bad hay fever attack :-(

I 'forgot' to tell the mums that Albert's deck is coated in oil .... :-)
More than one pair of 'strides' needed a wash afterwards :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:10 am:

Adrian,

Thank you for doing so much for the hobby and its future, and also for all the great pictures, both old and new.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:48 am:

Get those kids interested in these old cars while there young and keep this stuff going. GREAT job keep it up Adrian. While going out on tours this year my Uncle was using my depot hack for most of the tours as his is in a rebuilding stage and on many occasions he had two of his kids with him one of wich is 3yrs old and it's funny to see a car seat strapped in a model T I must say. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 03:21 pm:

Abe, I love the spot light. I haven't seen one with three axis of rotation before ... nice!

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 03:30 pm:

Adrian, Great stuff, splendid photos.

The side lamp is a Stewart V-ray.

here's a link to the ad.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/The%20Stewart%20Lever/?actio n=view&current=stewartlever16.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 03:32 pm:

I love a good mystery, Adrian. There must have been something in that hay field that triggered the hay fever attack, but whatever might it have been?? Gotta think about this one.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 03:34 pm:

My thanks to Ray Elkins for his help restoring the Vee-Ray lamp too. He found one and restored it about the same time I did, and steered me in the best way not to break the glass :-)
(I still did :-()

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M. C. Hawker on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:32 pm:

Boy Adrian, you guys down under really have it made! Imagine, actually putting something in the bed of your truck and hauling it? Wish I could do something like that!

I have a military 2 1/2 ton diesel truck in real nice shape, but I am not allowed to put ANYTHING in the bed! Put some kids in the back for a short ride? You have to be kidding!

Even my 27 C cab TT! Can't even put something or someone in the back during a parade! Someone might get hurt, don't you know!

So here I am with two trucks that are essentially worthless except for going around the block, empty.

Yes, I know insurance is cheap on them, but the restrictions placed on their use and enjoyment are certainly taking all the fun out of the hobby. Makes me wonder why I got into this.

OK fellows, fire away!

Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M. C. Hawker on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:35 pm:

Boy Adrian, you guys down under really have it made! Imagine, actually putting something in the bed of your truck and hauling it? Wish I could do something like that!

I have a military 2 1/2 ton diesel truck in real nice shape, but I am not allowed to put ANYTHING in the bed! Put some kids in the back for a short ride? You have to be kidding!

Even my 27 C cab TT! Can't even put something or someone in the back during a parade! Someone might get hurt, don't you know!

So here I am with two trucks that are essentially worthless except for going around the block, empty.

Yes, I know insurance is cheap on them, but the restrictions placed on their use and enjoyment are certainly taking all the fun out of the hobby. Makes me wonder why I got into this.

OK fellows, fire away!

Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M. C. Hawker on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:40 pm:

Sorry for the inadvertent double posting. Wish there was some convenient way to cancel a post, but I see no cancel icon.

Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:47 pm:

Tony, there isn't, and it happens to everyone from time to time, it seems...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:52 pm:

Tony,

Have you checked with your modern car insurance agent about getting a liability only policy on your truck(s)? Probably more expensive than an antique auto policy but with limitied mileage, it might not be unreasonable and should have fewer restrictions. Explain there is no commercial use and just go for liability only on the 27 TT or the 2 1/2 ton. I'd be pretty quiet about the usage except that it wouldn't be commercial. You would need to read the policy carefully about usage but don't think there should be a problem. I used a regular policy for a while on one of my T's and the agent was accomodating in getting the policy written after I explained I wanted to go this way to avoid mileage limits and that I was willing to take the risks for any repairs to my own car (thus no comp / collision). That policy happened to be with Safeco but I suspect you could use any of a variety of insurers. You'd likley need one that has a person you can actually talk to though.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:55 pm:

Tony,

I should add that this policy was with the company that also insured my modern iron. They would not have written it if it was the only vehicle I had insured with them.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:38 pm:

Tony,

I do like Walt. I have my modern vehicles on State Farm, and so are both of the T's. The Model A is with JC Taylor, but they won't let anyone under 25 drive it. State Farm insured my TT just like any other vehicle, but it has a 7000 mile per year limit, which I never even get close (Like I could prove it with no odometer). My 18 year old can drive it any time he wants. As a matter of fact, he drove it to school when he was 16 or 17 to show to his History class. And I can haul any dang thing I want in it. It's no different than my modern pick-ups in their eyes. Yeah, it costs a little more. Something like $300 per year rather than $100 a year, but it's worth that to me for my son to able to drive it and for me to be able to haul stuff.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration