Question about the MTFCA Logo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Question about the MTFCA Logo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr., Portales, New Mexico on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 12:26 pm:

MTFCA Founding Fathers and Fellow Members,

How and why was the Coupelet chosen for our logo?

Thank you,

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 01:37 pm:

Because there was too much hot discussion on whether or not to use the Doctor's Coupe for the logo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr., Portales, New Mexico on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:24 am:

I'm hoping someone can enlighten us with the answer to this question.

Orlando

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:49 am:

The original design was made by Shortie Siefert (wife of Norm). The coupelet was the only usable picture she had at the time. Getting the club (MTFCA) "off the ground" in those first few months didn't leave us much time to come up with another body style so we went with her design.
Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:31 pm:

Then too, that is a very classic, rare and original body style.

Bruce, you should really write the story of how the MTFCA was founded, why there was a rush and the events that led up to that decision. Then you and Harriet could be friends again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:42 pm:

Bruce, what car would you use in the logo today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:31 pm:

RD everybody knows it would be a 23' Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 08:00 pm:

I kinda' like the Coupelet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:21 pm:

RD-
Obviously the the car that would be used on a logo today would be a Doctors's Coupe with a distributor, waterpump, four-wheel brakes, with oil fortified with DZZP, and a top sealed with modified bitumen roofing tar.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George A Wood on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 10:12 pm:

A Couplet is used because only the most discriminating people have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sven Becker on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:27 am:

Well, I'm really contented with Shortie Siefert's choice: As being the joining link between the spheres of closed and open cars, the Coupélet has a very special allure; aside from being one of the most seldom Ts.

— If it had a small pickup bed, it would be my favorite ;o)

Season's Greetings from Germany,

Sven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 05:12 pm:

I'll bet (generically) you don't know why that logo is nearly perfect? The couplet is the perfect choice for a profile view. With any reasonable detail or shading, a runabout is too bottom heavy to the eye. Sedans are too heavy on one end. All other variations of body styles have similar problems. The couplet profile is the closest thing to an equilateral triangle. The human eye is naturally drawn toward equilateral triangles that are sitting square on one side. A runabout would drop your eye down away from the logo. A sedan would draw your eye off to one side. By drawing your eye to the logo, it makes it seem important. (To me, it is.)
The U.S. spent millions of dollars researching this about forty years ago before adopting the shape of the "slow moving vehicle" sign. Many other warning signs since have followed this information. (Look at a "bio-hazard" warning sign. I took some courses in graphics many years ago.
I think I may have just outdone myself at being a "know-it-all".
Please, drive safe anyway, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration