1919 Depot Hack video clip

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1919 Depot Hack video clip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Setters on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:32 pm:

Copy and paste the following link into your browser to view video of a 1919 Model T Ford.

http://www.joindayo.com/ads/hartleys/videogallery2.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:44 pm:

Were there really two 1919 hacks so close together in Mass?
Ours was moved from the cape to Taunton in 1956 and then New Hampshire this year.

Your body looks exactly like ours - we belive it is a Mifflinberg.
Your seats and dash are different.
Can you tell us the history of yours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Setters on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:52 pm:

Fred,this depot hack was thought to be owned by a wealthy family from Westport Harbor MA. In the late 1930's someone owned it who sold fruits and vegetables from the back, also in Westport. In the 40's a family from Rock St. in Fall River MA by the name of McNally owned the car, my father purchased the car from the youngest McNally son in 1950 for $75. The car has a Martin-Pary body on it. Martin-Pary went into business in 1919. The seats in the car originally had full backs and th dash is an oringal one with this vehicle. Your depot hack is really nice, truly a special car. I don't get on this thread that much, anytime you would like to call me for more information or just to chat my number is 774-273-0580 - cell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 10:14 pm:

Thanks for the post Don, and sure would not mind calling in for a pie some day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:58 pm:

Thanks for the info Don..

The body on ours looks very much like yours with the few differences I mentioned.
Since the bodies look so close I'm beginning to question if ours is a Mifflinberg.
The body name plate was unreadable when we got the car in 1956.

Following is a brief history of our car --

This 1919 Model T belonged to Earnest Alm who got his license to drive in 1906 and was the chauffer for the McQuillen family of Brookline MA. The vehicle was used when the McQuillens spent their summers on Cape Cod, thus it became known as a beach wagon. In later years it was stored in a shed at Mr. Alm’s summer home in Brewster MA.

Around 1956 Mr. Fred Dimock of Taunton MA, an avid antique enthusiast, learned about the vehicle and approached Mr. Alm about purchasing it. At first Mr. Alm was not interested, but one Saturday morning he called Mr. Dimock and said that he would be willing to trade it for a Sears Tractor he had seen. That afternoon Mr. Dimock sat on Mr. Alm’s porch waiting for him to return from errands with the bill of sale to the Sears tractor in his hand.
A few weeks later we went to Brewster to get the car. The years and salt air had not been kind to the metal as it had an even coating of rust. The wood, although needing refinishing, was in surprisingly good condition. The rubber tires were completely gone. The shed was in worse shape than the car as the supports had rotted at the ground level and the car was stopping it from sinking further. We jacked the shed off the car, used some timbers to support it, and dug trenches for the wheels so the top would clear the header across the opening. It was then loaded onto a truck and moved to Mr. Dimock’s garage in Taunton.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration