Auto Supply Book from 1930-31

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Auto Supply Book from 1930-31
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 04:39 pm:

I don't know if this is of interest to the group, but here is the cover of a catalog published after the Model T. It does contain a lot of items still available. It is titled, "Consolidated Auto Supply Book, Fall and Winter 1930-1931." The business had an address of "Corner 3rd and Locust, Evansville, Ind."

Supply Catalog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:12 pm:

The artwork is so much better on the Early Times literature. Goes to show you don't need computers to do advertisements.

I for one would like to see more of this publication!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:32 pm:

Okay, here goes, the inside page.

Auto Supply two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:42 pm:

Tires on sale.

Auto Supply three

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:12 pm:

I gotta get some Hoovers - I like the
Lowest Price In History", but wonder about the 16,000 miles? Perhaps that is the secret of the low price :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Orlando Ortega Jr., Portales, New Mexico on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:47 pm:

Either the rubber was not as good a quality or didn't have the special ingredients/materials some of today's tires have, or the quality of streets and roads were so that a tire just didn't last as many miles as today's 30,000, 40,000 or more warranties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:56 pm:

With tires you need tubes.

Auto Supply Four

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:03 pm:

Some tire related items. Or is that tyre?

Auto Supply Five

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:13 pm:

Neat stuff! Just goes to show the 4 way lug wrench is nothing new.

But I'll be good money on one thing- the one in the photo isn't chrome plated and stamped 'made in china'. Those China 4 ways aren't worth a damn.

That's a good price on tubes and they even pay shipping!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:16 pm:

Everyone needed tires and the related items that went with them. Tires weren't all that dependable and didn't last long. When I bought a new '67 Mustang, tires lasted about 15,000 miles and cost about $15 each.

Auto Sales six

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:22 pm:

Auto Supply seven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on the Plains of Colorado on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:25 pm:

Radiator Alcohol, soon to be in your glass as a drink. Less than a Dollar a gallon.

This stuff is GREAT Mr Harold. Please keep it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:26 pm:

Auto Supply Eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:39 pm:

Auto Supply Nine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 09:46 pm:

And then the radio came into being.

Auto Supply Ten

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 11:27 pm:

hmmmm....let's see....the official CPI index from then to now is about 13.25 times difference.

Just making a paradox, not a political statement...

So where can I buy a good tire for 3.95 x 13.25 with free shipping and free local mounting at an out of pocket cost of $52.33 and I'll bet these tires were Made in USA ?

Or then again, get me one of those "Twin Second" spare tire carriers for about the same, delivered to my door, probably also Made in USA?

Grandpa was lucky, he had a factory job then, kept it when something happened to the economy that he just never understood other than started keeping money in a jar for the rest of his life and they even set 12 plates for the dinner each night then, and set for 20 on some Sundays.

I sure do enjoy looking through these old catalogues though...lot's of neat things...but I think when they taught us 'new math' someone I reckon pulled a fast one on us! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:13 am:

Cushions, luggage racks, floor mats

Auto Supply Eleven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:16 am:

Tops & top dressing

Auto Supply Twelve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:48 am:

Mirrors, clocks & windshield wipers

Auto Supply Thirteen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:18 pm:

If only I could get my coupe up to 88 mph.....

Thanks for these catalogue postings, fascinating reading.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 12:58 pm:

Hub caps,locks & spark plugs.

Auto Supply Fourteen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 01:02 pm:

Head lights, tail light, spot lights & cowl lights.

Auto Supply Fifteen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 01:21 pm:

Tail lights & batteries.

Auto Supply Sixteen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:12 pm:

Batteries.

Auto Supply Seventeen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:19 pm:

Batter testing, soldering & carburetors.

Auto Supply Eighteen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration