Highland Park Plant Tour 1914

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Highland Park Plant Tour 1914
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 05:09 pm:

I just uploaded a set of postcards from a 1914 postcard folder, there's 16 total. Ironically, I found this postcard folder in a Highland Park, MI thrift store. I thought it was well worth the 50 cents even tho a couple of the pages had tears.

www.vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:24 pm:

Luke Dahlinger;

Wow those pictures are really great. It would be nice to be able to break in a new engine with one of those break in stands that the plant had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:41 pm:

Luke,
Outstanding!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:47 pm:

Luke, GREAT FIND!! thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:55 pm:

The quality would've been better but I had to use my camera to take the pics. I have some other stuff I plan on digging out tomorrow evening.

It's supposed to be 28 here in my part of FL tomorrow nite- so no garage time for me!

Glad y'all like!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:06 pm:

Luke
Being a collector and always on the look out for Ford related items I enjoyed your find.
As you know Ford Motor Company provided dealers a framed photo of the Highland Park facility for new car showrooms.
I have owned several of these over the years and saved the best one for my shop.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Correll - Carlsbad, CA on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:08 pm:

Luke,

Very cool! On postcard #15, I'm sure that I can see our '14 Touring. I think its in row 10, eighth car from the left. It sure looks similar.

Smile;) Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:09 pm:

Thanks for letting us see the postcards!
Some of the photos I might have seen here or there before but there are some "new" ones I haven't seen before.
That certainly was a good find.
Do you suppose the photos were hand tinted?
That had to be time consuming!
The one card that brought up the subject of the Ford Movie production makes me wonder how many of those still exist. I know some are probably the ones you see on youtube, but I also wonder how many more were made and still "out there" to be seen.
I was at a flea market once and saw a round tin can that was a movie film container. It was marked Ford Motor Company.

Thanks
Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:17 pm:

Ron,
That's a nice piece! If you ever run across another one, keep me in mind.

I have a reproduction of the Piqette plant drawing I ordered thru Ford Arte House, but would like to find an original Highland Park print for my "Ford room" I'm working on. The link is the Piquette reprint.
http://ford.artehouse.com/perl/options.pl?imageID=63251&productTypeID=57&ckon=im ageThumb

On a related note, I found a copy of Scott Trostell's D. T. & I. book you mentioned in a previous thread. I plan on reading that as soon as I'm done with "Life in the Shadows of the Crystal Palace" & "The Five Dollar Day"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:35 pm:

Herb,

Here's a short article I did on Ford's Motion picture Lab.

One thing I didn't include in the post was a man started working for Ford in the movie lab. He went on to bigger things. His name- Harry Bennett.

http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/2010_11_28_archive.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 11:21 pm:

Thank's Luke!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:24 am:

Isn't it strange that Ford used individual electric motors to run-in engines, but all their machine and stamping tools were linked by that maze of belts and pulleys?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:57 pm:

@Ron - count me in too :-)

@Chris, I could think that the reason is the control of the torque and in particular ability to stop quickly is much easier with individual electro motors.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration