Picture size

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Picture size
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:08 pm:

Finally figured out how to Post a picture, still can't change the picture size. I think the picture size listed for the forum is no larger than 200 pixels, the file my photos are stored in does not show pixel size. Any help to increase my photo size would be greatly appricated. I admit to not being the most computer literate guy on the forum! I have lots of questions to ask about our 25 tudor, just want to add pictures large enough to see with them. Thanks a lot, Rick
Size saved in picture folder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:49 pm:

It's the size of the file that's restricted, not the size of the picture. You can have a picture the size of your screen and consume less than 100Kb. The best "photo size" for viewing on this forum is 640x480 or 1024x768. (Or any where around those sizes.) You need to reduce the resolution of a picture to reduce the file size and still have a picture that can be viewed without a magnifying glass. This is the DPI or PPI in most photo programs.

There's a lot of free programs that let you manipulate photos. I've been using Irfanview for years. (Since version 1.0) It's aways allowed you to re-size and change resolution but the newest version will also let you specify a maximum file size and it will adjust the resolution automatically. Just set the photo to the size you want and indicate maximum file size. Usually, 96Kb is enough to give a great photo at 1024x768.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:00 pm:

I am with Ken, I also use the free Irfan editor and it's easy to use and works great! Here's a link to cnet downloads a trusted site to download a copy.
http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10021962.html?tag=mncol;1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:03 pm:

Does your camera have multiple photo size options?

On mine I set the camera for 640x480 low resolution in order to keep it under the 200kb limit for posting photos here.

Normally I shoot photos in either RAW or 1280x960 hi-Res.

FWIW- I have an Olympus E-520 and an ancient Olympus C5050. The C5050 has been dropped, gotten wet, and been beat to hell in general but it keeps on working. I've had the C5050 since 2001 and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I use "Olympus Master 2" for all my photo editing. It's free(downloadable from the Olympus site) and it will do just about anything you want it too. I also have Picasa, but I don't use it as much as I used to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:05 pm:

Thanks Ken for the information. I will check out that program, everything involving a computer seems to be difficult for me but I will get there..:-) Thanks again, Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:16 pm:

Thanks Jay and Luke, I'll take a look at Irfan editor and the Olympus site. I have an old kodak digital camera, usually take it to walmart and have my T pictures downloaded onto a disk so I can't loose them on the computer. I download the disk to a c drive "picture file" which I can upload to the forum. I don't have a dedicated picture program to download my pictures to which is probably the problem. Thanks again guys, Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration