TT picture found.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: TT picture found.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald = Federa Way, Wa. on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:58 pm:

This would make a good project for a TT truck owner.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:42 pm:

I took the pic of that pencil(?) drawing was in the window of a shop in Jacksonville, Oregon, several years ago. That looks like a lotta' log for that T rearend. Glad you found it, Bob.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Calk-El Paso, Texas on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 02:38 pm:

That would make a great TT T shirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:15 pm:

E. R "Ole" Olin (Springfield, Orygun) makes and sells a whole line of hand drawn logging related cards.
The Old Model T Log Truck card description says: "A 1927 Model T, still in existence. Owned by T.A. Schneider of Gales Creek, Oregon. Model for this sketch was T.A. (Truie) Schneider, a retired log truck driver, and very respected in the industry"
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:41 pm:

Where did you find that info, Ron? Gales Creek is NW of Forest Grove, I drove through there a couple of times three years ago, having no idea the TT was there.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 04:25 pm:

Nick Ellingwood of The Wallace Model T Garage fame has one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald = Federa Way, Wa. on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 01:28 am:

Ron
Thank for the Info.Wood like to see the orig. truck some time ,so I did a search for T.A.Schneider and he is listed as died ,Age 88 1994. Does any one know where the truck might be
now ????

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 03:09 am:

I have a sister in Springfield, who is also an artist, but never heard of Ole. She got an answering machine at the number listed for E.R. Olin. Will advise.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 09:53 am:

Ralph
That information came off the back of the card.
I met Ole years ago when visiting my parents in Springfield. I liked his logging related cards and bought some. His address on one of the other cards is listed as 35021 McKenzie View Drive.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 11:20 am:

Years ago, perhaps in the 60's or 70's, there appeared an article and picture in The Vintage Ford about a log hauling TT somewhere in Alabama. Maybe Editor Jay or Gator Gould could dig it up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:16 pm:

Yep, Ron, that address is current.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 03:45 pm:

Thanks to my sister in Springfield, who talked to Mrs. Olin, and gave her the url:

http://www.eldonolin.com/

You could call him the Norman Rockwell of logging. It was fun seeing some of the woods I had tramped through as a kid.

rdr

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration