ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 250 POSTS AS OF TODAY!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 250 POSTS AS OF TODAY!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 01:16 pm:

Well as of today the keyword search engine here shows 250 different posts to the ongoing ACCESSORY OF THE DAY posts.

My goal has been to document these accessories by building a search able data base here for all to enjoy for years to come. To date I figure I'm about a third or so of the way through posting the accessories in our collection. It's getting harder to keep track of which things I've posted already as time rolls along. Sometimes I have to check the search engine to see if I've already posted an item earlier.
If you have literature or photos that go with a particular accessory by all means add them to the thread.

Once again I would like to thank Art for his time in researching the patent info and adding it to these threads.

I started these daily posts using the lead title ACCESSORY OF THE DAY all in capital letters to make it so you can pull them all up at once and serf through the titles no matter how many get posted in the future. Using the search engine properly is just like having a separate page for this stuff anytime you would like to see it all listed in one place by title.

Here are the exact settings to use once you click into the forum key word search.

Search for: type in all capital letters ACCESSORY OF THE DAY

Keyword options: use AND

Match method: use whole words

Match case: use case sensitive

Search options: use all topics

Click preform search and the entire group of ACCESSORY OF THE DAY POSTS ca be looked through.
Look in: use subject line

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers-Greenville Pa. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:43 pm:

Thank you Jay.
I have enjoyed seeing them all and really appreciate your efforts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker / Monterey, Tennessee on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:59 pm:

What Dale said !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:15 pm:

Ditto Dale...thank you Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash - South Hill, Virginia on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:16 pm:

What Harvey said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:16 pm:

Keep it us Jay, these are always interesting to see. Thank you for taking the time to research and post for us all.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 09:31 pm:

Keep 'em coming, Jay!

For those of who who havn't been to Jay's place, his garage (and home) has LOTS of Model T accessories!

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:39 pm:

Good show there Jay - we'll have to compare for duplicates some day !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on the Plains of Colorado on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:07 am:

Thanks Jay. please keep it up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie, Chehalis, Wa on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:11 am:

Thanks Jay,
I have enjoyed every one of them!
Floyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:17 am:

I sure appreciate the time you take to post, and also thanks to Art for posting the patent information.
Also, thanks for posting them so they are searchable, I do find myself looking at older ones from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 10:56 am:

Thanks everyone!

I just noticed the instructions for using the search engine I posted at the top of the thread are out of proper order. Here's how they should read:

Here are the exact settings to use once you click into the forum key word search.

Search for: type in all capital letters ACCESSORY OF THE DAY

Keyword options: use AND

Match method: use whole words

Match case: use case sensitive

Look in: use subject line

Search options: use all topics

Click preform search and the entire group of ACCESSORY OF THE DAY POSTS can be looked through by title 50 to a page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:05 am:

These have been so much fun and have increased the time machine effect of the model T. Always fun to take a look back at what things were like back in the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pgh, PA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:18 am:

Jay-I reaally enjoy your posts. Thank You
Its fun to see the whole industry of improvements built around one already great product.
Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:08 pm:

The club should consider putting a special link on the homepage to some sort of dadabase with all of these accessories. Where else are you going to find all of these on the internet, especially with the pictures and patent info.

Thanks for taking the time to post these Jay.

Let's make this database happen and not let this valuable resource go to waste.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:14 pm:

Jay I reaaaaaly enjoy your posts too! Thank you for all you do for this place! It just wouldn't be the same without "Accessory of the day" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 03:37 am:

Jay, I echo what everyone else has said. Rest assured that although I don't comment on very many posts, I do enjoy seeing each and every one and I'm sure there are many more that feel the same way. You have a very special collection and I still think you should write a book! Many thanks for yor efforts. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration