Auto Supply Book from 1930-31, Part Two - Model T Listings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Auto Supply Book from 1930-31, Part Two - Model T Listings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:26 pm:

Here is a catalog published after the Model T. It is titled, "Consolidated Auto Supply Book, Fall and Winter 1930-1931." The business had an address of "Corner 3rd and Locust, Evansville, Ind."

Brakes & brake linings.

Auto Supply Nineteen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:29 pm:

Chevrolet parts & misc tools.

Auto Supply Twenty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:34 pm:

Starters & generators.

Auto Supply Twenty One

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 02:37 pm:

Lubrication & radiators.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:16 pm:

Fan belts & anti rattlers.

Auto Supply Twenty Three

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 03:18 pm:

Fender, springs & exhaust.

Auto Supply Twenty Four

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:18 pm:

Cleaning & polishing.

Auto Supply Twenty Five

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Ohio on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:35 pm:

Very nice catalog thanks for sharing.

I did not see the disclaimer for "prices subject to change without notice" so I will ask you to please fill my shopping list :
1 set Ford fenders for $10.95
1 replacement switch for $.65
1 generator for $8.95...I'm sending you my core
1 radiator for $6.95
Oh hell just send me one of everything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:50 pm:

I'd even be glad to pay the postage!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:55 pm:

From paints to gaskets.

Auto Supply Twenty Six

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 06:48 pm:

Piston rings & Model A parts.

Auto Supply Twenty Seven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:51 pm:

Tools

Auto Supply Twenty Eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman, on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:55 pm:

Please post there phone number or web address so we can place an order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:55 pm:

Misc tools & Ford parts.

Auto Supply Thirty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 07:58 pm:

Engine parts.

Auto Supply Thirty One

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 08:02 pm:

Seat covers & motor oil.

Auto Supply Thirty Two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, CO on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:37 pm:

Dick Harold:

Thanks for posting the catalog. Boy if you could buy at those prices and sell at todays prices you would never have to worry about making any payments again. Just look what a new crankshaft cost in those days. I remember overhouling my first T Motor in 1949. At that time Montgomery Wards catalogs were full of model T parts including a complete short block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:49 pm:

Thanks for the posting Dick. I have enjoyed looking at them. It's amazing to see all the products, and accessories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:35 pm:

Christopher -

Glad you enjoyed the catalog items.

When I bought my first car, a '26 Ford Coupe in '53, I bought a set of new coils off the shelf at a local hardware store in our small town! Also, both Sears and Monkey Ward still listed many Model T parts in their catalogs.

I located a Ford dealer who had been in business since the Model T days. I bought a pickup truck load of NOS fenders from him for $26!

Those were the days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:01 am:

Dick, thanks so much for posting these pages. Just might help identify some suff at swap meets! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:40 am:

Man....gathering from all that I have to say this...
They developed allot of gadgets to repair things half ass back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:50 am:

Know whats funny though, the muffler add saying it's blowout proof. Made me think of whoever it was that posted about their muffler blowing up :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration