Opinion wanted!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Opinion wanted!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fritz Hady Mt. Top,Pa. on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:21 pm:

I am in the process of fabricating cycle fenders exactley like the ones on this 1920 Bugatti,what I want is some opinions on how you experts think they would look on my 24 Speedster,would they look like they belong on it or not. Fritzcycle fenders

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danny Thomason on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:29 pm:

I think they would look fine. I'm doing the same thing on my '23, only different. Mine will hug the tire and be connected to the spindles/rear axle. I'm using a spare tire ring off of a later(mid '30's) car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:30 pm:

I would need a photo of your speedster to compare to in order to have a valid opinion. I tend to prefer speedsters be fenderless. One of the boat-tail roadsters I had did have fenders and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Some speedsters look great with fenders. Some do not.
Drive safe, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary White - Brownsboro Texas on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:35 pm:

Fritz,

Post a photo of your speedster and I'll photoshop fenders on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 05:57 pm:

I think they look good on a bodied speedster like the provided photo. I don't believe they would look very good or be of any real function for an opened bodied speedster. Course keep in mind, the beauty of the speedster is it is your own creation. Go to Northwest Vintage Speedster web site. There is at least one car that is set up the way you are talking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:36 pm:

From my File:

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 11:53 pm:

Those appear to be Mercury fenders, Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker - Sumter, SC on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 09:40 am:

Fritz,

See also Fred Houstonís excellent article on building cycle fenders for a speedster at the Tulsa Tech site at: http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=mtfctulsa

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 01:49 pm:

Also from the Tulsa website:

Almost anyone can appear at the Model T Garage. Here is Fred Houston with Jim Roof, grandson of Robert M. Roof
http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=mtfctulsa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 01:52 pm:

Thats not the right link.
Go to "What we do" on that website.
There is a picture of a car with those fenders at the bottom.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:38 pm:

Jim Roof makes all the speedster events at Speedy Bill Smiths Museum of Speed, he was also at the Indiania Bridge tour this year at the swap meet, nice fellow

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration