Three piece muffler shell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Three piece muffler shell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:21 pm:

There is not enough of my old shell for a reference........Do the holes in the center pieces go forward or to the rear? I have it all apart and sand blasted the cast ends, and want to get it together correct. Are the bolts square head? I have some ready rods with nuts on each end I know thats not correct,may as well get it correct.It looks like about 13"on the bolts for length? THANKS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:48 pm:

I just disassembled and rebuilt one for 1911. The holes in the center tube were to the rear, the middle tube holes toward the front, then the outer shell. The old bolts in mine were hex head, 13 3/8" long.

BTW, All of the vendors I have called seem to be out of stock on the muffler wrap kit. Anyone with one in stock??

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration