Era Film

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Era Film
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 12:47 pm:

I uploaded some films to my site a bit ago, the first film is pertaining to the Model A, but has some T stuff too.
http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-ford-is-here-1928-film-footage. html

The second film is a brake testing campaign in the 1920s.
http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/2010/12/brake-test-detroit-style-1925.html

The third is an 'old car parade' in Detroit around 1925. Lots of T's. Wonder where the "Spirit of St. Vitus" is today? Note that a "Zep Olds" won a trophy with the oldest car- a Curved Dash Olds. Wonder if he was related to Ransom Olds?
http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/2010/12/detroits-old-car-parade-1925.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis L. Myers on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 01:35 pm:

Wonderful links. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger K, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 01:39 pm:

Thanks for posting ;)
Oldest car in daily use from the old car parade - a 1914 Packard coupe? Just 11 years old :0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 05:26 pm:

I have a few more I plan to upload later, this cabin fever is about to kill me. Haha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 05:32 pm:

Those are cool Luke. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 07:19 pm:

Very fun. For the time, they don't seem all that old. Lucky us to still have some of them around today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:03 pm:

How do you do the wobbly wheel thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:26 pm:

I'd think just mounting the hubs off center would do the bronco bull effect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:32 am:

I would say the last film is later than 1925. The Spirit of St. Vitus is probably a play on the Spirit of St. Louis which would make the film from 1927 or later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:41 am:

Erik-

I had not thought of that! I'd bet a cup of coffee you're right. I pretty much had to take a guess as to the date when I uploaded it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration