What carb is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: What carb is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By martin Cooke on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 06:04 pm:

I know its a Kingston, only because it says so, but what model. Also is it worth it to rebuild it or should a by a Holly. It's for my speedster, so any suggestions??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indy on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 07:28 pm:

Get a Simmons or Holley straight through for your speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:02 pm:

It is a 1915 - only Kingston. Prety hard to find a good one. They look great all polished up. As Kenny said there are better running carbs out there.

The bigest issue is the cork float. They can fall apart, or sink, either way the gas tank gets emptied on the ground if you are not around to shut off the gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:06 pm:

Model L.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 09:16 am:

I have a brass Kingston Model L with a tag on it, but it is an updraft carb. It is pre 1919, as the choke only has one attach point for a choke rod. It might not be for a Model T though, as it has to be pulled straight up to actuate the choke feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 09:23 am:

Martin, here is the photo and commentary from Bruce McCalley's black covered book.

L

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 09:26 am:

That internal air flapper is lead or pot metal and usually in bad enough shape, so the carb will not operate. Reproduction flappers are not being made to my knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:22 am:

Keep that one as a pretty collectable (or trade it)and pick up a common NH or the staright bore NH and your speedster will thank you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration