Turtle Deck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Turtle Deck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 06:34 pm:

How can I tell what year Turtle deck I have?
It uses a key latch. Can't post pic.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:22 pm:

It's in the "Book" ,read the book.(G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims Reed City MI. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:28 pm:

The key lock lids were used from 23 to 27. The lids for the 23 to 25 decks were a simple flat door while the 26 and 27 deck lids were large and contoured to the shape of the deck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Mittrucker on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 09:04 pm:

There were also earlier keys with a triangle shaped end like the ones used on old treadle sewing machines. Langs sells all three keys and lists the years they were used.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 10:28 pm:

Oddly I have the same question. I have my first T and my first investments, other than the T were books.
So which book? My 1920 has two handles, got that, but the deck lid is simple sheet metal. The sheet metal has no reinforcement but seems to work fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 10:36 pm:

Richard probably has had several copies of Bruce's book,The car that changed the world,I was refering to it. You can also check the online encylopedia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 11:09 pm:

Jack;
I have both books but don't know where they are since the move. The turtle deck I have must be a '26-'27 turtle deck.
I am going to sell it but didn't know how to list it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration