Magneto Horn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Magneto Horn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:52 pm:

When we got the Touring, the horn was in a box. I pulled it out tonight and connected it to my coil tester. It worked. I adjusted on it a little, still connected to the coil tester. Once I got it where I thought I wanted it, I bolted it to the firewall and connected the wires and started the car. I did not try to adjust it any more, but I was kinda disappointed it wasn't any louder than it was. Do you think the difference is just in the rpm? Do you think I can get it louder if I do some more adjusting, or are they just not too loud? OR....Is there something that may need cleaning or oiling inside the thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By willie k cordes on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 09:02 pm:

I have a mag horn on a TT truck and I play games with it on some parades. I will speed up the engine and slow it down and the sound of the horn follows the engine speed.
Mine is not real loud, but fun.
:-))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 09:11 pm:

I was doing some of that tonight. It IS neat. From a practical standpoint, I can see why they went away from it and also, why someone might have 'upgraded' to a battery horn. BUT...the fact that they are different and have their little idiosynchrocies is exactly why I would want to keep it the way it is. BTW, I ordered the parts to hook up the magneto headlights. Looking forward to getting those going too and for the same reason.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration