First 2500 front spring clamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: First 2500 front spring clamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison-Montana 500 Vice President on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 08:58 pm:

A friend of mine was looking for a front motor mount/spring clamp for his T. He found this in the wrecking yard @ Antique Auto Ranch.

It is the motor mount to the right. Some people are just lucky. I've walked past that thing 15 million times and never noticed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 10:24 pm:

You walked past it one time for every T built since?
Tell him congratulations, and don't play the lottery, he used up his luck.
W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:26 am:

Help those of us out who do not know what the significance is....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:22 am:

Dan the very early one is made from unobtainium. It came from the 09-10 era and those parts are almost impossible to find now days. Several years back I stumbled into a drag ling that was very rare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 02:39 am:

The mount pictured is not from 1909-10. It was only used on the first 2500 cars in 1908. That is what I am told anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:19 pm:

Tom

Seems correct when ref. to the Parts and Price list, Aug 1 1909. It lists the #3076 Crank case front end frame bearing with the (*) comment. That footnote in this Parts and Price list means the part 'for machines below 2600' !

The later 1912 Parts list has that #3076 as factory number 320B, being rev B, the more common front frame bearing, used from 1909 to 1921.

Now the REAL RARE part would be the cap for that front bearing, #3077, the under 2600 style was thicker than the rev B !! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on the Plains of Colorado on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:36 pm:

Dan B. Look at the shape of the castings.

The one on the left, has an "H" shape to it. The one on the right, is more of a "Dog bone" shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:49 pm:

Now to just find all the other parts to build a car around.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Elenbaas on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:27 pm:

I think if they looked in the shed on the north side of the property where all the windshields are they may find the rest of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:17 pm:

What's something like that worth on the open market?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 04:19 am:

I dunno - I sold it for $20.00

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration