The Bosch News Magazine Volume 9 Number 2 May 1923

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: The Bosch News Magazine Volume 9 Number 2 May 1923
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:11 pm:

I thought some of you would enjoy reading this 23 page small format magazine. Here's the first two pages. This just won't come out legible enough posted here at the 200mb maximum so you can view and copy it from this photo bucket link.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/the%20Bosch%20News%201923/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 01:57 pm:

That looks like an Essex on the cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 04:50 pm:

I just love the way it is the wife who has been reading about the ignition system and makes the suggestion to buy. Wow, what a lucky chap he is :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 07:52 pm:

Adrian
That is Ralph and Ronna Ricks (Ralph driving) careening around the Arch De Triomphe in their Model T headed for the Paris Bosch auto parts store in 1923.
Ignore Ronna Ricks accidentally calling Ralph "John", Ralph is already a goner for the Bosch system.
It is just a joke Ralph. Big Grin
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 11:00 am:

I really think this is a good read so I am going to post more of it here for people who don't like to click links off the forum. Hopefully it's not to tiny to read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:08 pm:

Wow, I never knew Bosch made a distributor unit that still used the T magneto and a T coil. Does anyone out there use such an arrangement?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:14 pm:

Good fun, Ron, but I don't own any American Bosch ignition parts. I use a German Bosch disturbutor mounted on an Atwater-Kent front plate, with an A-K coil and switch box.

Thanks for the pix, Jay; it makes good reading, and highlights just how obsolete the Ford ignition was.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:47 pm:

Here's a photo of the Bosch DU4 system on my '13 speedster:

DU4

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration