I did a Victor Kiam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: I did a Victor Kiam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:32 pm:

"I liked it so well, I bought the company!" Remember the Remington commercial? Well, I did a Victor Kiam with the Anderson style timer business. I like the flapper style timer so much, that I have purchased the business from Frank Fenton. I have partnered up with Mark "Hutch" Hutchinson, who will be the new contact person (no pun intended). His number is 509-220-0892. We will try to provide the same service as Frank did in the past (which won't be easy). Our goal is 100% satisfaction.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:51 pm:

Congratulations, Tom. You have big shoes to fill in terms of customer service, but based upon what I've seen from your group, you can handle it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:00 pm:

Tom

Great thing.....that's a boon for all T guys and gals... Will miss Frank's personal attention, but you know what to do too :-)

Keep on with the other things that Frank has too, that product line is great. And maybe you can also produce the exhaust deflector. Got one at Chickasha as a beta tester....love it! All Model T's need an exhaust deflector !

Stainless deflector, mounted on cast iron end type muffler, to show, but its really for the steel muffler and works fine on my '24.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:05 pm:

Tom,

I will second Mike on this. Congratulations! 3 of my 4 running T's have Anderson timers in them, and the 4th would if the mag worked. When it is repaired it will have one of YOUR timers in it as well.

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:05 pm:

Where can I get one of those deflectors?
My wife gripes about cleaning the spare too often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:09 pm:

Tom congratulations. This is a rhetorical but I will ask it anyway. I bought a timer from Frank last month. I am having trouble and it is on my end (as best I can tell)but alas the cold has come and the car is up for the winter. So let's say it is on my end or maybe the timer it doesn't matter, will your group be there to help? I'm sure I know the answer to this but thought I would give you the opportunity. The best of luck to you on your new business, and as to Frank, living in Hawaii and laying on the beach?
lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:19 pm:

Dan, I should have been clearer. I just bought the timer part of Frank's business. Frank will continue selling the cookers, mufflers, etc.

Mike, you bet I'll help you out any way I can. Give Hutch or me a call and we'll do what we can.

Actually, anyone is free to call me any time I'm around to talk about any aspect of T service.

509-535-7789

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:16 am:

Congratulations, Tom. I already have 2 of Frank's timers on my 2 T's, so won't be needing one of yours until I build my next T. :-)
Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach, Ca on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 12:42 am:

Congratulations and Good Luck with your new enterprise.
We talked for some time at the MMM with our cars parked next to each other at the park waiting for the picture taking. You made a great impression on me with your willingness to help others make their cars run more dependable. I guess the Anderson timer then is a good fit for ya?!

PS... you got some mighty big shoes to fill but with such a great product you got a head start.

Gene
12 Torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Fenton on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 08:49 am:

Yep, I am going to retire again...... the first time didn't 'take'. I bought the timer business from Bob Thompson to ease into retirement from my day job. At first I was able to handle it part time, but it soon grew in volume and new products, and I had a full time and several part time helpers and no time to play with Model T Fords .....time to try this retirement thing again.

Tom and Hutch will do a great job with the timers. They helped me develop the Montana 500 high speed versions. They understand every aspect and all the potential problems. And best of all, they are nice people to work with.

I still manufacture some 20 products that will be eventually finding new homes as I ease further into this retirement thing. For now, I am changing my business name to Franks T Parts Ltd with a new website: www.frankstpartsltd.com.
The www.andersontimer.com website is still up and has contact info for Tom and Hutch as well as my new info.

I have enjoyed the timer business and plan to continue manufacturing the other parts in my line.... but hopefully with more time for playing than working (I have a toy barn full of Model T Fords and parts that need attention and a big list of tours that we would like to attend).

So, thanks to all my loyal customers. I'll see you on tours and for sure at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:49 am:

Thanks for the kind words Frank. Also, thanks for having the faith in me to carry on your good work, I am truly honored.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration