Nov. Dec. Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Nov. Dec. Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 09:20 am:

Has any one recieved their Nov. Dec. Vintage Ford Yet? Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 11:01 am:

I just got my Sep/Oct the Monday before Thanksgiving so I don't have high hopes. A Friend in the Sacramento area got his 3 or 4 weeks before me. I don't know how they figure when to mail for the northern california area but mine is usually very late.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:39 am:

Arrived in Forked River, New Jersey today !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:52 am:

If the magazine isn't going to arrive to the majority of members until the middle of the second month, shouldn't the print copy arrive at the printers at an earlier date, or else this month's copy should be the Dec/Jan issue instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:55 am:

Well, made it to New Zealand today (16th US date, 17th here :-))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By peter kable Kiama Australia on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:13 am:

Arrived Australia on 15th. Seems like as always its the Us Postal system. Bruce used to complain about it 30 plus years ago and its still just as bad if not worse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:13 am:

All magazines go to the post office on the same day. What happens after that is beyond our control. There is a varying amount of time at the printer as well so we don't have much control there either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:34 am:

I had contacted Barb Klehfoth about this too on Dec. 7th.
She told me that she had spoken with the printing company and hoped it would be mailed on the 8th. I agree that it should be sent the first month of the issue.
Still waiting on mine.

Ronald

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:07 am:

I got mine on Thursday Dec. 16th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:10 am:

By law the Post Office has ten days to deliver the mail after it arrives. Mail a letter in Ohio it arrive the next day except to Willmington, North Carolina it always takes ten days. It is all up to the Post Master.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:23 am:

That's probably tendays at each post office. Often there are more than one. Second class (magazines) amd third class ("junk mail") don't get priority treatment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:28 am:

Yes I am sure you are right Bruce.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:39 am:

Bruce, is the Perfecto article in this issue? I submitted it months ago and last I was told it would appear in either this issue or the next.
Anxious to see it in print.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:48 pm:

How about those of you with T pick-up's or TT's getting together at the printers and form a delivery convoy. Sure be more exciting than the funny looking USPS delivery trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Utphall on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 07:46 pm:

I just know it's a sweet day at my place when it arrives- always extends happy hour a little on that day - what a fantastic magazine- hope they come out well enough that it can be around for the next generation. A big thank you to all of the folks who make it possible :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 08:21 pm:

Vintage Ford is like a novel, can't put down till it is read from cover to cover and back again, for feared I missed something.
Then I dream a goood dream about the things that are in the book. Not in Redding Ca, yet, maybe tomorrow. HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPFFULLY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS MARTIN on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 04:58 pm:

Well I am just a few miles up the road from Peter Kable and mine is still not here, but never mind, I got the latest T Topics from the British club on Friday, that'll keep me reading 'til VF shows up.
Chris M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dana crosby on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:04 pm:

Have not received mine yet 12/19. I'm tired of drooling.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:09 pm:

The USPS is a real bargain. Where else could you send a letter from New York to Los Angeles for just a penny a day? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:41 pm:

Came yesterday to me in the Hoosier State!

Great pictures of the Montana tour!!!!

Dp most people have Ruckstells in their T's?

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 04:26 pm:

Received it in Redford, Michigan, Saturday, the 18th. Just outside Detroit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:32 pm:

It arrived here in Somerset, England today, despite the snow - London airport is still only operating at 1/3 normal capacity.

I see on p25 the reference to the Stout Scarab - called the world's first mini-van. Not only is this a very interesting vehicle (with a rear-mounted Ford V8), but there's a strong Model T connection. 'Stout' was William B Stout, who after WW1 founded 'The Stout Metal Airplane Company'. He deserves a mention just for that! He started the company by promising 128 Deroit people that they would NOT get back the investment of $1000 each he was asking for. But he was wrong; they doubled their money when he and his company were bought out by Henry Ford and he then designed and built the famous Tri-Motor aircraft. He also founded 'Stout Air Services' which later became United Airlines. He parted with Ford and went on to do lots of other things - almost all with sheet metal. I can recommend his autobiography 'So Away I Went'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:31 pm:

It came today, also despite the snow. We got 2 to 3" overnight, but The Vintage Ford must go through! (Grin)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 02:08 pm:

Mine finally got here yesterday. Worth the wait, however. :-) Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Leming on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 03:35 pm:

got mine in Kentucky (Cold Spring) near Cincinnati today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 05:18 pm:

Mine came today, I am glad it made it here, the kids are off school until January and I will need something to keep me busy. :-) John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lewis R. Rash - South Hill, Virginia on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:25 pm:

As usual nothing here in southern Virginia???????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 08:07 pm:

Where are they printed and sent from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 08:29 pm:

Not in Fulton Missouri either

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:27 am:

The magazine is printed and mailed in Bakersfield, California. We have used the same printer for 45 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Lewin - Shingle Springs, Ca. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:38 am:

I live 320 miles from Bakersfield. Still have not received my copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob from Missouri on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:46 am:

Don't have mine yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:31 pm:

Finally got mine today. Wednesday 12/15

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:35 pm:

When your retired one can loose track of time; Got mine Wednesday 12/22

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt Oregon on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:43 pm:

Bakersfield is just down the road from me, well on the same side of the country. I'm in Southern Oregon on the Kali border. Not seen mine yet, as of 12/22.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:46 pm:

December 22, and I am only 456 from there, Redding, and not yet, Hope by Christmas.
Can't figure it out. OPP'S, I now have it figured out,think maybe they might be holding out for more postage and there has been some flooding the valley near there. They are reading each issue to look for printer errors. Hum, Hum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:48 pm:

I'm usually among the first to get it, but not this time. Maybe somebody between Bakersfield and here is hanging on to it to read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:09 pm:

Here in north FL, got my new issues on the same day, yesterday, the 21st...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:19 pm:

Don't have mine yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:55 pm:

I live in Bakersfield, 3 miles from the post office where the Vintage Fords are mailed ,and I have yet to receive mine!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:19 pm:

You are set Dan.....Well I still haven't seen mine here in the Mtn. area SoCal......I think they are delivering our's in SoCal by ARK I'm waiting for "HIGH TIDE" It will be worth the wait I'm sure.......I think,,,THINK,,,the rain has stopped......The lake we live by is 2and 1/2 feet above full........quite a site....Still hope to load-up and make-it to Holiday Meet the 26th........Carl aka Noah.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd - Victoria, B.C. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:25 pm:

Just got mine in today's post.

Regards,

Steve Boothroyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 01:37 am:

Nothing in Raymond, Nebraska yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Brown on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 04:00 pm:

Me too Neither, as Weiser on the little rascals used to say. Maybe the mail can't get here in NW NC from there. I sure did need something to read today too. I think the mail traveled about as fast in the early days (by horse) as it does now. They have three delivery modes: next day air, 2-3 days, and sometime next year maybe.
I recently ordered a printer cartridge from Epson out of PA and they offered free shipping if by USPS ground regular shipping. About three weeks later, i gave up and called Epson and they sent me another one free and it arrived either the next day or two days later (i can't remember) by UPS. I thought it might eventually show up, but it never did.
Well anyway, i sure will enjoy it whenever it comes, maybe in time for Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 04:12 pm:

Nothing in 08003 yet...think the boys at the post office like to pass it around first :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS MARTIN on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 04:32 pm:

I still did not get mine in Australia by the 24th! Chris Barker got his in England on the 21st, despite the snow disrupting the airports, Peter Kable in Australia got his on the 15th, Adrian Whiteman in NZ got his on the 17th.
Who knows what the various postal services get up to? Luckily I have plenty of other interesting stuff to read......but I may have to drop by and read Peter's next week, as I have something he would be interested to see too.
Chris M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 09:14 pm:

Still not in Fulton Mo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:29 pm:

I got it today, and couldn't put it down until I read all the way. It is a very interesting issue.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 12:19 am:

Got it today...like a early Christmas present.

TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie, Chehalis, Wa on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 02:11 am:

It's here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Ohio on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 07:35 am:

I GOT MINE IN OCTOBER!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 04:01 pm:

Denny: That's a neat trick since they were mailed on December 8th. I'll bet that was the Sept. / Oct. issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 04:19 pm:

It may have been the July / August issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 06:06 pm:

The NOV/DEC issue is HHHHHEEEEERRRRRREEEEE
today,FINALLY!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:50 am:

Merry Christmas. Mine Finally arrived today.
I liked your Christmas Poem, Stan.

We'll have to call you "Stanza Stan, the Poetry man."

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:57 am:

Keith got his in Kenosha on the 21st. John in the UP on the 21st. I'm in Milwaukee where the main PO is and still don't have mine, and I know my postman could care less, so he doesn't have it. Maybe Santa will leave it under the tree. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:58 am:

Still waiting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 02:14 am:

Mine arrived today, Christmas Eve, here in the backwoods of Southern California.
I can even see my Coupe on the MMMT group picture...
Merry Christmas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt- Oregon on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 02:54 am:

Made it Christmas eve into Southern Oregon.
Nice..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone Poca, WV on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 06:43 pm:

Mine arrived today & is a good read while it snows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 07:13 pm:

Not in Mid- Mo yet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Brown on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 07:21 pm:

Still havaen't gotten mine. NW NC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 09:55 pm:

I'm glad to hear a couple of other folks haven't gotten theirs yet. I was beginning to take it personally. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gorslin-Phoenix,Az on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 10:20 pm:

The mailman must be reading mine first in Arizona.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, December 27, 2010 - 11:37 pm:

Here's something maybe they should think about doing. As you can see, some people have gotten their issue and some of us haven't. I don't mind waiting for the magazine but sometimes you'll find something in the classified ads and call as soon as you see it and it has been sold for a week when the first people got their issue. I think that if it isn't too much work, they could upload the classified ads to the website. You could also put a password in order to view the ads if the club would be afraid of loosing members who would no longer have to pay to see the ads.

Just some thoughts. Hoping mine will come tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:43 am:

Got mine today. Arriving at this date, it should be the Jan. / Feb. issue. I guess it doesn't matter much what the date on the cover is. It is a great read. Ned does have a point about the classifieds though. It's kind of like arriving late to the swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 01:35 am:

Hard to believe that New Zealand has theirs on the 17th. 10 days later and still not in the Midwest for all members.

The guy in the next county had his 6 days ago.

How long do you wait before you ask the publisher to send out another copy, and who do you contact?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter, Fair Grove, MO on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:30 am:

Mine arrived yesterday (12=27=10). Always glad to get it at any tune, Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and Happy T'ing to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Ritter , Lawrenceburg, TN on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:33 am:

Still not here in Tenn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:55 am:

It's here! It's here! Fred in Broken Arrow, OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Harris on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:22 am:

Ours arrived in Texas yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:38 am:

Bit off topic but still related. A couple years ago I sent my daughter some gift cards for Xmas. Sent first class and she lives only about 60 miles away. She got them in April.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George...Cherry Hill, NJ on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 11:24 am:

Today must be a magic day........

Arrived in 08003 today! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:09 pm:

Arrived in Colorado Dec 27th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 05:56 pm:

Got mine this afternoon. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:04 pm:

Got mine in Fulton Mo-THANKS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:10 pm:

"Today must be a magic day........ "

Not quite magic enough for me. Still waiting for mine. Bah, Humbug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 09:17 pm:

Today my issue of the Vintage Ford finally arrived. And I live only about 70 miles from Centerville! Maybe the post office is still using horses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dana crosby on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:35 pm:

Well, in the tiny outback city of Glendale Arizona, I'm still waiting. I have however finally run out of drool. Someone above mentioned the timeliness of the classified ads. I had the same argument for years about "hemmings" which is why I now maintain a digital subscription. It's tough to go to a swap meet that already happened. Ok, enough grumbling. I guess I'll go see if I can finally get that dang old muffler off the T so I can put that snazzy new one with the downspout on. Someone needs to invent "muffler off" in a can!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Lewin - Shingle Springs, Ca. on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 10:57 am:

Received my copy yesterday. No wounder the Post Office is having money problems when a mailed item can be received in New Zealand before being received next door to Bakersfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris Big Bear Lake, California on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:23 pm:

I got mine on Dec 20th. The magazines are bundled by zip code and sent in batches by zip code. They go at a cheap rate and so are not a high priority with Uncle Sam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:47 pm:

I bet ya, the junk mail don't take that long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:57 pm:

Still a no show

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dana crosby on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 03:47 pm:

YAAAAY.....Just arrived in the rainy desert town of Glendale, Az

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 02:49 am:

Mine came today to Surf City USA:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS MARTIN on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 04:15 am:

Well as we are ahead of the rest on the world clock here in Australia, I guess if mine don't show tomorrow (the 31st) then it will be January 2011, which by any standards is a bit late for a so-called November/December magazine.
Lucky, I have plenty of other stuff to read, but really, that is not good service by any standards.
Chris M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:22 am:

Still haven't got mine in Pa!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:18 am:

Just got it yesterday, 12-29.

Love the cover art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:00 am:

Don't have ours yet in Philadelphia, PA. Starting to get anxious...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:08 am:

This is more fun than tracking Santa on NORAD radar.... :-)

I don't have mine yet, but today's mail isn't here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus heights, Ca on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 01:44 pm:

Finally got mine yesterday. Of all the magazines I subscribe to, this is the only one that seems to have issues with the Post Office delivering on time!
I wonder what it would cost to have a first class option available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 03:29 pm:

Interesting article in the paper last week about the origin of the NORAD Santa Tracker. Apparently an add posted in a Colorado Springs newspaper in 1954 which gave a phone number for kids to call to ask Santa questions. There was a typo in the phone number given which directed the calls to a desk at NORAD instead, which decided to play along and has been doing so ever since. This year there were over 1200 volunteers helping to man the phones, email, Facebook and Twitter desks at NORAD all on their own time.

I remember growing up in Denver in the early '50s and listening to the radio broadcast of Santa's location from NORAD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 05:04 pm:

Got mine today in east Central Illinois!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 08:09 pm:

Got mine today. It looks like it has been to hell and back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:34 pm:

Dang! This thread is two weeks old and I'm still waiting. Bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry A. Daw on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 10:01 pm:

Nothing in Troy, Mo., yet. Maybe next year!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration