Model A engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model A engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:34 am:

Hi again
does anyone have a picture or drawing showing a cut away view of a model A engine??
thanks
Shawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:47 am:

Well, yes, the 1928 Model 'A' or did you mean the 1903? ..this is a T forum you know :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:51 am:

Thanks Dan,
it's for my father , hes visiting my brother , playing with a model A in Texas
thats all I know....but it is still a ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 03:12 pm:

Shawn,

Just in case your Dad is lucky enough to have the 1903 Model A, here is a cut away of that engine.

Model A Engine

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 03:25 pm:

Hmmm, I didnt know Model A's had oil pumps. Learn something new everyday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 03:36 pm:

They do have an oil pump, but it is not a pressure system. The oil is pumped up to the valve gallery and just gravity flows down from there. It is my understanding that it only has about 2-3 psi. The pump may be capable of more, but there is no restriction on the line to speak of, so no pressure is generated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration