1912 on tbay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1912 on tbay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:17 pm:

When the seller first posted this T there were no photos. I wrote to them suggesting adding photos. Well they added 3 photos but still not much to go on! But then it was a national winner in what ever year that is in the ad! I guess that some people just should not sell thing on their own.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280604940990&ssPag eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:23 pm:

It looks like it is one of those "Honey I tried to sell it ads". Don't think he is trying to hard to sell it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 10:46 pm:

I though of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 11:43 pm:

Some time ago i posted a message about never seeing a post from Rolland P and a club member from NH e mailed me that Rolland had passed?? I forget their pet name for their 12 but could this be Rolland P's car?? If so it would be a special car because Rolland P was as nice as ever came along!!! I was luckly to have talked to him a couple of times !! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:26 am:

Bud, do you mean Roland Pelletier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:18 am:

Bud-
Do you mean Roland Palmatier from Durham, NH?
I think he has a 1910.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:23 am:

I unfortunately believe he passed away suddenly this last September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:36 am:

Bud - the name you want is Daisy;
Ed - he did. Shame...I believe 3 days after he became ill.

Auto in question is in Bow...40 or so miles from Roland & Jacqui's home in Durham.

See:
http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=roland_durhamnh-users

Life is really short...enjoy your loved ones while you and they are here

Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Blessed, Peaceful New Year.

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:42 am:

Is this what is meant by "thread drift"?

For Bud, and other friends of Roland (whose life on this planet ended all too quickly) who want to know - ...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fosters/obituary.aspx?n=roland-palmatier&pid=14 5410371&fhid=4127

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:43 am:

Here is the obituary.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fosters/obituary.aspx?n=roland-palmatier&pid=14 5410371&fhid=4127

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:46 am:

Roland's passing leaves a big hole in the antique car hobby, among many other things, I feel sure.

He was a gentleman to the core.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:49 am:

Yup,Daisy is the name i could not rember!! Good advise Dave!! Rolland was a true Gentleman and i wish i had known him longer!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward J. Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:52 am:

Whoever wrote his obituary did a fine job. "Roland's famous words of wisdom and thoughts by which he lived; Don't force it! Always pay attention to detail. Never say "can't!" If you find yourself sleepy, eat something crunchy."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:22 am:

This is the first I have heard of Roland's passing, and I am very sad and a bit shocked to hear it. He used to post on the forums from time to time, and I always learned from him. The extent of our face-to-face meetings was that we saw each other every year at Chickasha and usually had a short but pleasant visit. Roland exuded class, and I had a great deal of respect for him. Words seem inadequate at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:08 pm:

A little more info was added in the question section;
"as far as my knowlege yes also have the two front doors which was an option for the 12.The car was purchased by me about 10 years ago from wv the man that restored the car won many awards jr sr in pa.Car is on the cover of the model t times in 87 sorry i should of found the mag before typing. I had the motor rebuilt. whats not original is the coil box it was decided that the 12 coils are different so it was bettr to use a newer coil box should you be on the road and need one your chances are better someone would have. the lights use a b tank under the back seat but the mirrors are perfect so would not want to burn the lights for todays ac burns hotter If you have any other questions you can call 6035457026 Thank you Dave"
So this 12 could have been restored by the gentleman that you are talking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone Poca, WV on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:14 pm:

My IMHO this car was owned by Doy Maston, of Dunbar, WV (deceased 2008) & was restored by him in the early 80's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pgh, PA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:41 pm:

Picture of "Daisy". Sad to hear of Roland Palmetiers Passing.

palmetier's Daisy
Sincerely, Howard

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration