Trailer Hitch for Pickup body?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Trailer Hitch for Pickup body?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:14 am:

I know I've asked about this earlier (couple o' months ago) but . . .don't know how to find the old thread -

Need to make a trailer hitch for a light (350 lb) trailer . .

I know the advise was to start at the rear spring - issue is length to the tailgate . . 35" from the back-side of the spring . .

Have a 1917 (with Starter) Roadster / Pickup -

If ya' could get me to the thread I could go from there . . Thanks . .

A very Merry CHRISTmas to all . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:01 am:

here you go. I just entered "hitch" into the search engine
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/167267.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:01 am:

Thanks . . Big help! Now - gotta figure it all out! Anyone got a view of the attachment / wrap over the spring brackets?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Lawson, McGregor, Texas on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:12 am:

This is what I did. Perhaps it can be modified to work for you. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 04:54 pm:

Shouldn't that trailer be BLACK ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Larson on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:31 pm:

O.K.! So . . Plate bent to 'sung' bottom of springs - THEN support to the 'tube' . . Thin I can get out 35" without major problems?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration