Western Wash. Ters

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Western Wash. Ters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:24 am:

I've noticed some T guys in Western Washington posting here lately.
Guys from around Puyallup to Chehalis and Vancouver (a little farther).
I'm in Spanaway.
How about if we meet say in Tenino at Scotty's diner for lunch some day just for kicks?
It'd have to be spur of the moment weather wise this time of year or wait for spring.
I'm always looking for an excuse to drive my '24 tudor.
Here are some names I've seen here:
Jim Thode Onalaska
Erich Bruchner Vancouver...maybe a bit far
Harold Schwendeman Puyallup
Floyd Voie Chehalis
Myself Bob Gruber Spanaway
Anyone else is welcome if I missed someone (very possible).
Seem like a good idea to anybody?
Happy Teeing
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:31 am:

Bob,

Let me know if you decide to get together, I am a bit far away but might be able to come down. It would be nice to at least put some faces with the names.

Walt in Bellevue

wberdan at comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:33 am:

Walt,do you know Daryl Belshaw?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie, Chehalis, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:37 am:

Bob,
Sounds good to me.
Don't know if you've ever been to the tour that ends in Tenino for lunch at the school....(I believe sponsored by a Model A club) it's early spring. I have had the 23 there but I trailered it. Also have taken the modern cars to the Car shows at Scotty B's.
Just give a holler whenever it works for you.
Floyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:38 am:

Jack, Sorry, the name doesn't ring any bells for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:53 am:

Floyd,
I always try to make the spring tour to Tenino.
Been there the last ten years or so.
I'll let you know what's going on.
There are mostly 35 mph roads between here and Tenino so it's a nice T drive.
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:15 am:

Bob - Great idea! And I know a couple other "T" guys in my area that I think would think it's a great idea too! I've thought the same thing; that I notice more and more "T" guys on the forum in Western WA and we should find some way to meet once in awhile!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:34 am:

Hi Harold,
A bunch of us get together every Thurs. morning at 6 or 6:30 at Mrs. Turner's in Puyallup.
You're welcome to join us there.
Sounds like there's enough interest to make a run to Tenino one of these days weather permitting.
I'll keep you posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jasonious on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:39 am:

I'm over in Redmond and I'd love to meet some fellow T'ers. I don;t know any! My 22 Touring stands at the ready!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:43 am:

Bob - I'd heard that "somebody" meets at Mr. Turner's on some Thursday or other, but I didn't know who it was that meets there and that it was EVERY Thursday, and that it was at 6:00am!!! WOW! That's pretty early for an old retired guy like me! Must be that most of you guys are still working to have to meet so early, huh? I'll make one of those breakfasts one of these Thursdays Bob,.....thanks,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 09:56 am:

Jasonious,
Walt Berdan is in Bellevue or you're welcome to wander out this way anytime.

Harold,
I don't know how the breakfast ended up so early.
We're usually there till 8 or so if you want to come a little later.
We're all retired so it's not a job that did it.
Sometimes there are 20 or so T freaks there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:02 am:

Bob,

I am in Poulsbo and I work in Redmond. Just say the word and we will do it !!

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:24 am:

I'm a member of the "Breakfast Club" but after I retired, I don't have to get up at 4:30-5:00 a.m. anymore - too early for me !

Jasonious ? - are you a member of our Puget Sound club ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Schultz-Rathbun on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:40 pm:

I'm in Vancouver area. It took me 2.5 hours to get to Longview via back roads, so Tenino is maybe an hour further north? I'm always looking for an excuse to drive the '26 roadster pickup, so I could try to make it. I'm not retired yet, and work every other weekend, so I've got a 50-50 chance of being off. Sounds like fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Young Maltby Washington on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:42 pm:

I go to Chehalis for work quite often. Always up to breakfast or lunch and talking T's! Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:51 pm:

How about if anybody is interested in heading to Tenino for lunch send me your email address and I'll keep you up to date on what's going on.
Here's mine:
gruber4423v at att.net
You need to add the ampersand. Helps keep the spammers at bay.
I guess we'll need to shoot for a weekend because some people still work. (work????whatsat?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:39 pm:

Sounds like fun. I don't have a running T yet but I sure I could find something to drive depending on the weather or catch a ride with someone and take pictures (my other hobby).

Jim in Onalaska

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald = Federa Way, Wa. on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 02:48 pm:

Bob
I't not polite or PC to use 4 letter words like w<>k on the forum. But the outing sounds good.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:02 pm:

Jim,
I've never liked guidelines or rules...any way you travel is fine. We can still BS about Ts.
A lot of us have extra parts we're always looking for a good home for.

Bob,
Not many good things about getting old, but one is not having to be politically correct!
WORK, WORK, WORK!
(long as it's somebody elses)
C'mon along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:08 pm:

Jim,
Forgot to mention....pretty snazzy red ragtop ya got there!
I'd try to guess what it is but I'd sound dumb if I guessed wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 05:19 pm:

Randall and Jim Young,
My 'puter won't let me send a message thru this forum...so if I get your emails I can let you know when we can do it.
Sounds like it oughta be fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 05:22 pm:

I think we can do it both during the week and on the weekend to fit different schedules.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 06:12 pm:

The weather-guessers say it's going to rain around here for the next week.
The Tacoma T club and some other clubs have a New Years Day tour every year.
It starts at the park & ride lot at the Roy Y at about 9.
We're going on that one so we might be able to meet each other there.
I'll park on the north side of the lot and I'll hang a sign saying FORUM on the front of my car.
Don't know what car I'll take on that one...might have to be one with a heater. Brown '40 Ford or black '48 Ford most likely if it isn't a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:02 pm:

Hi Bob, Just saw this and would love to have you all come to Vancouver......Just kidding. Would love to get together. If to far to drive my T, I could drive the brand X truck. At work now. talk more later.

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:03 pm:

P.S. Love the photo of your little helper on your profile.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:52 pm:

Thanks Erich,
That's my grandkid...I think he's going to be a real gearhead. He's an eager helper.
Right now he's more into taking things apart.
Hope assembly comes some day!
Nice looking T in your profile.
I'll keep you posted.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration