Model T On Radio in New Zealand - anyone can listen in!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Model T On Radio in New Zealand - anyone can listen in!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 12:54 am:

This Sunday, on New Zealand's "National Programme", there is an item you may be interested to hear…

Spectrum meets Ursula Bisley who fell in love with Model T Fords, after seeing a field full of them during a car rally in Motueka. Ursula now owns one but hasn’t decided whether to call her Gertrude or Gladys.

Apparently she is going to learn how to drive it!

This programme is on on Sunday (New Zealand time) after the midday news. You can pick the programme up via the internet if you are too far away for radio reception!

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/highlights/spectrum13

Enjoy.
John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 01:52 am:

My Mother was Gladys. The only car she ever drove was a Model T. She drove a 1918 Touring with a tattered top several miles to school with her younger brothers and sister in western Nebraska in the winter of 1922-23. When I was young, she told me how to crank it with the left hand, about the low pedal and the high pedal, etc.

When she married my Dad in 1924, he had a 1923 roadster he had bought new.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:08 pm:

Thanks John for the link.

http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/sptm/sptm-20101219-1210-Spectrum_for_19_December_20 10-048.mp3

This is certainly worth a listen to hear a 'new' T convert extol the virtues of T'ing :-)

Ursula is game enough to take her first drive behind the wheel on National Radio (NZ's public radio).

Phill is a patient teacher guiding her along the way and reminding her what to do with the pedals at the stop sign!!

Ursula explains how she traded the vintage Jaguar sports car (she was getting too many wolf whistles) for the T :-)

Cheers

Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:51 pm:

Cheers Adrian,
Yes it was a bit of fun. I did not realise Ursula Bisley's daughter was the composer - presumably that is Bridget Bisley. If so, she makes good music!
I'm sure Phil won't mind me posting this pic of him sitting in his magnificent Centredoor - his car is in my book.

Phil Ward in his Centredoor

John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:57 pm:

i missed it, i forgot. Thanks for the link to the broadcast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:05 pm:

Thanks for the Link. Listening to it now. On a related note, I've only been able to pick up RNZI once here on Vancouver Island on my shortwave set. Perhaps I need a model T era radio.

Wow, that center door is really magnificent.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration