Headlight wiring question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Headlight wiring question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 03:35 pm:

My '22 TT has holes in the hood shelves with little plastic elbows to route the headlight wiring through. The '18 Touring does not. Where is the wire supposed to be routed? Does anyone have any pics? Could not see what I needed to see in any of the pics in Bruce's book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 01:45 am:

Hal

In Bruce's Big book (the Car That Change the World), page 271, if you look at the photos of the Rip Van Winkle 1917, you can see the wires come out from the frame rail along side the radiator shell, just in front of the hood shelf.

Since there was no wire grommet or hole in the hood shelf, the wires just ran up to the magneto headlamps, with the switch combo horn and lights on the steering column.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 09:19 am:

Thanks, Dan. I'll have to take another look.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration