Resurrection of another Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Resurrection of another Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 09:46 am:

Resurrection of another Model T
I found the basic body at Hershey. To get the T home I had to take it apart to get it inside the motor-home.It was dug out of a field somewhere in the Midwest you can still see the dirt line on the inside of the body. The surprise is there is no rust out, just surface rust. I set the body up with parts I had in stock for the pictures. The chassis is a four door; it was made into a farm truck. I found that locally. It also had a lot of neat accessories. I got the T running, then took it out to test drive it. It had surprising good traction, running on the steel rims through snow and ice in the parking lot. The wheels are no good, I was surprised the rear wheels didnít collapse spinning around on the ice. The body is a 1924, which is my favorite year and body style T. I know it would be much cheaper and easier to buy a good one, but Iíll get a kick out of resurrecting this one. As I am fitting it in between other projects, Iím not shooting for a finish date (but my wife wants this T done first)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:00 am:

Good work so far!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward J. Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:10 am:

I really enjoy seeing more of these cars coming back to life!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:16 am:

There's a frame,motor ,trans,rear end,no body but the cal....rims are rotten and part of the frame is rusted in half near me....but I could get it all for $100....I guess I could make a speeder...but it would need a frame....its really bad....lol....but its good to see there's people who keep these T's going....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier, MS. on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:26 am:

You are a lucky man. You have two "keepers", the car and the wife :-)

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:39 am:

Eric,
I have a frame you can have for the taking.
It's in Western Washington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:54 am:

Eric, sounds like a good deal for $100, frames are plentiful and inexpensive at the major flea markets. I bought a real nice one at Hershey this year for $55.00.
Bob, I do know how lucky I am. The first time around was a major disaster. So I was very careful before the second time. Now the only arguments we have is who will be driving the T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 01:46 pm:

Dan,

Not to dissuade you, but I started with less and 14 years later, I have this.

(check my profile Picture)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:19 am:

Hey Dan, I think that's a "Moving Violation" in any state! I can just see some cop trying to explain that to his pals at the station.
"It didn't even have tires on it!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:42 am:

William, don't worry that you would dissuade me. In fact I hadn't planned on doing this car right now, but after seeing yours in a few of your posts, I got the fever. Yours is looking good.
Dennis, I think you're right, that would be a good one. I have to say the steel rims werenít much for stopping. I picked that T up a few years ago when I was still teaching auto body at a trade school. Not shown in this pic was my class of high school students watching this whole show. First they bet me the T would never run, then that it wouldnít be drivable, and finally that it wouldnít go anywhere on steel. They really enjoyed it when I spun it out a few times on the ice. I didn't think the rear wheels would take that but they did.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration