Early Speedster Photo for Desktop Backround

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Early Speedster Photo for Desktop Backround
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:39 pm:

I forget where I got this photo on the net. I cropped it down to this Image and think it looks great as wallpaper or a screen saver shot, try it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Frierson on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:19 pm:

cool car - chick magnet, some things never change!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward, Mountain. Ont on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:36 pm:

Great picture, those are almost the exact look of wheel I'm trying to build!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:20 am:

What I find interesting about those wheels is that the license plate indicates 1917. A careful look at the lug bolts tells me that they are five lug after-market wheels with sheet-steel covers on both the outside and inside of the wood spokes.
The car also has nifty electric headlamps, fork mounted. It does not appear to be lowered much if at all. A really nicely built and good looking car all in all.
Thank you very much for posting it. I can never see enough original speedster photos.
Drive safe, and Happy Holidays, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:18 am:

Do the lights look kinda' like these in the 1911 Motor Supply Co. catalog?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:47 am:

Could be? They look a lot like that ad. Thanks R.R.
Happy Holidays, and drive safely, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:01 am:

From the look of the shadows and lighting, it almost appears to be a studio photo. Could it be a fake background? Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indy on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 07:03 am:

Those are 6 lug wheels and the disc's are too flat to be the sheet metal covers. Also if it was a studio shot, I would have to question why they used a rural winter scene for a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:52 am:

The picture is mottled by age hence the shadowing. The wheels are solid 6 lug disks like Kenny pointed out. I am not to sure what make of after market headlights the car is sporting. Here's the picture before I cropped it down to use as a desktop back round. I can't tell but does it look like the drivers tiny door was made to open??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:32 pm:

The dark shadow under the car may be a shield so you can't seee the peoples's feet as they stand posing behind the dummy car.
just a thought.
Nice picture anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:35 pm:

I have never seen disc wheels that were absolutely flat.
I'm sure those are wood spoke with a flat disc on each side. Probably Firestone demountables with added discs.
That was a popular wheel and the flat disc were done a lot on speedsters especially.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 03:12 pm:

Chick magnet??? look again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 03:44 pm:

I think this is a Studio picture.

John- Yea those 'women' don't do much for the eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indy on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 04:21 pm:

I guess they had a fan blowing the flags in the studio too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 08:14 pm:

Those look like five lug wheels to me. Check out the spacing between the bolts on the right front wheel. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Houston on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:58 pm:

Yep, likely 5 lug Firestone wheels. Could it be an early Paco with Staggered seating?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration