Off Topic Model A

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Off Topic Model A
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward J. Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:40 pm:

Daughter and Wife went to Traverse City this afternoon, and met this young man. He is driving his A for a year, and writing about it. Thought you old farts would enjoy. http://www.365daysofa.com/archive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:10 am:

Thanks for this link Edward, it is so much fun to read! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:59 am:

He's "hooked". He'll have to go to Model A "rehab" if he ever decides to kick the habit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:02 am:

I think it's a shame to subject a model A to snow,rain,salt,and in general whatever weather comes along!! Proably a great endeavor down south or in the desert but in Traverse City Mi?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier, MS. on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:55 am:

I applaud him for doing a realistic reenactment of motoring in the 1930s. To limit exposure of the car to only warm dry conditions would be creating a Hollywood movie version. I'm sure the car that made it through 80 years can make it through one more :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:19 pm:

One of my Model A's I drive almost daily- makes trips to the scrapyard, through mud, and anything else Mother Nature can throw at it.

It's a truck not a museum piece :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller - Mostly in Dearborn, MI on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:21 pm:

During Thanksgiving weekend, my family and I were treated to a very long '15 Model T depot hack ride through some of Buffalo's deep lake effect snow. He then proceeded to do some drifting in a parking lot with my son and his girlfriend.

When we returned, the owner pulled a garden hose out of his shop and hosed down the bottom of the car. He swears he's been doing this for years and the car looks great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration