Hood shelves order of installation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Hood shelves order of installation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Johnson on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:49 pm:

IM putting together a 24-25. In what order do I put in the wooden hood shelves.

Is it;
splash guards, running boards, fenders, wood blocks, hood shelves?

Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:05 pm:

In my opionion, you would install splash apron, fenders, running boards, wooden blocks and hood shelves, linbolts for hood shelves, the the hood hooks.funning boards last. As the running boards fits ovethe splash apron and the fender lip, and dotnt forget the wooden block between the fender and running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:26 pm:

They are installed thusly:

Splash aprons
Running boards
Fenders
Hood shelves

Let's be clear, hood shelves on a 24-25 are made of metal with two wooden blocks under each one where the spring loaded hood clips would be.

You put your hood latches on first, wood blocks, and springs so it's all together as one unit. Then run your head light wire through the appropriate bushing and hole and assemble with the long skinny carriage bolts for holding them down. (They go through the fender and the frame).

What you REALLY need to do is purchase the "Model T Ford Service Manual" from a supplier. It will detail in written instructions and pictures exactly what you are supposed to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 01:27 pm:

The reason for installing the wiring at this time is because it is impossible to install it later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:51 pm:

You can find the complete service manual online at:
http://www.model-t-ford.org/manuals/Model_T_Service_Manual/mtsm.html
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 04:54 pm:

Dominic:
You are close. Splash guards, fenders then the running boards. The lip on the fender that would go under the running board must fit under the running board, and the wood spacers under the hood shelves. On my '19 and on my '17 I had to align the hole of the wooden blaock to fit. Take it easy and slow, as the saying goes measure twice and cut once, or the same and drilll once.
Good luck and Happy "T"ing

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration