1914 FORD SPECIALTIES Auto Parts Catalog

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1914 FORD SPECIALTIES Auto Parts Catalog
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:13 pm:

Here's another old FORD parts vendor catalog's from our collection. I thought some of you might enjoy looking through it. It's interesting to see what was available for the Model T 5 years after it hit the market.

The catalog is 40 pages long and each photo is around 1.2 mb in size. Here's the link to the catalog.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/fordmodelt/1914%20Ford%20Specialties%20Catalog/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 04:06 pm:

Wow Jay That book is a Keeper think of what their 1927 catalogue would have been like.

Looks like they have moved though . . .

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:56 pm:

What a great catalog....
On page 17 there is a mechanical starter for the Model T. I have a similar one on my 1917, except it is foot operated. Yes, there is room down there for a fourth pedal. It will start the engine but not from cold, but is very useful if I stall in traffic, don't have to jump out to restart. As for installing in less than one hour - it takes me that long just to remove the radiator...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang - Brentwood Bay BC on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:14 pm:

Jay, another great catalogue!

What a huge number of parts and accessories after just 5 years.

On picture 19, that Mayo dash oil gauge. Does that get hooked to a mag post oiler or something? I can't see it being able to show the level in the sump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:45 am:

Christopher, The Mayo type gauge was used on a number of T oil accessories. It shows oil flow passing by not sump level heights. Hence no flowing oil means low sump. I don't know if a mag post oiler has enough poop to make it through the gauge and up to the front bearing however a transmission cover plate oiler does work with one of these installed on the dash.

Here's the mayo ad Christopher is referring to

Here's a similar gauge from the Strong oil pump accessory I posted a while ago.

Here's the link to the ACCESSORY OF THE DAY POST on the Strong oiler from a while back.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/118114.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration