Ford Dealership in 1926 - A Photo Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Ford Dealership in 1926 - A Photo Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:12 pm:

Here's some photos showing various areas of the William McKay Ford Dealership in 1926.

Enjoy the photos!
http://vintagefordfacts.blogspot.com/2010/12/model-t-ford-dealer-circa-1926.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 09:28 pm:

The pictures are just great. The equipment looks so simple and so clean, make my barn look like a junk pile....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:52 pm:

Now that's a wrecker I would love to see back on the road.

Thanks, Luke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:28 pm:

The link shows a perfect example of why I don't think there are as many "original" cars out there as some may think. This can also be why there seems to be small variants in many cars. The worker's job was to repair used cars and get them out on the used car lot. And, I'm pretty sure this would have occurred at all dealers--Ford or not. To think that dealers would take the time to "restore" a vehicle is just believing in Santa.

Used Car Repairs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:14 am:

There was a William O. McKay Ford dealer in Seattle in the '40s and at least '50s, don't know how much later.
Wonder if there were some in other cities of if this is the one I remember?
The building looks about right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:20 am:

It's probably the same place, I doubt there'd be more than one William McKay Ford dealer unless he owned multiple dealers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:49 am:

609 Westlake Avenue North, Seattle, Washington

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=7726

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 01:47 am:

Is Santa not real?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Martin, Branch/Lafayette, LA on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 04:16 am:

Even in the salesroom drip pans are needed under new cars :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:53 am:

My Grandpa bought his 1924 TT new from Wm. O. McKay Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:06 am:

Awesome pics Luke. Thanks for posting. On the back wall in the showroom pic.... do you suppose that is a photo of Mr. Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John A Kuehn on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:18 am:

Luke, those are very interesting pics of a Ford dealership! I have a Coupe just like the ones in the first pic and it was interesting to see the offset license plate and tail light on these cars. I have often wondered why Ford slightly "offset"
the light and plate that way, When I was restoring my car I noticed that when I finally found a correct tire carrier for it. Wonder why.
Ken is right on about finding 'original' Model T's. Its not going to happen much if at all. Even at that the one owner T's will have a few parts on them from the year before when they were assembling them on the line. Model T's were probably the best swapped parts used cars there ever was. A lot of parts would interchange as we all should know.
Great pics and very informative!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:30 am:

On the display table in the showroom pic... it appears there is a set of late brake shoes and next to them the smaller early shoes, a 26 coil box and an earlier coil box, a 3 dip pan cover and a 4 dip pan cover, a Holley vaporizer unit and a standard NH carb and I can't tell what is in the upper right corner of the table. Below appears to be a couple of wrenches?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:55 am:

That looks just like Tony's barn, only bigger. Tony has nothing to be ashamed of. You should see his chain hoist! He can pull out an engine on the ground floor and pull it all the way to the loft where his machinery is!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:58 pm:

Anyone else notice the padded, soft top Couplet in the Engine Dept. photo - third one down ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration