OT- "Ford Racing 3" and racing the Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: OT- "Ford Racing 3" and racing the Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:26 am:

For those of you who play video games, I found a game I like that's a kick-in-the-pants to play. I'm 42 yrs old and grew up in the 1980's, during the early stages of video games. I've always had the "take 'em or leave 'em" attitude with video games, even during my teens. If the easiest level is going to painstakingly take hours to learn, it's not worth the time and frustration. For me, playing a video game is supposed to be a stress-relief, not the opposite.

For you game afficianados, I own "Gran Turismo 4" and can earn a 1915 Model T Touring if.......I win all upteen levels and the upteen sublevels that lead up to the grand prize. It's leagues above the one I'm about to describe, but requires more practice than I'm willing to put in. This past Friday, I found a used game called "Ford Racing 3," put out in 2005. I bought it for $1.96, including tax and have had a ball! Simply push a button and steer - my kind of game! Within two days, I won enough levels to play the one with the 1923 Model T Center Door. I've yet to win the car as part of my collection - that race is hard - but I was able to race it against other Model T's and Model A's.

It's quite unrealistic in places - I've never heard of a Model T pushing 70+ mph - yet, the graphics are good and it sounds just like my Tudor. It even steers and accelerates like the real thing.

Other vintage Fords on the list include a 1946 convertible, 1949 sedan, 1949 coupe, 1948 F-1 pickup, 1956 F-100, 1955 T-bird, and scads of later cars, including the Galaxie, Fairlane, Mustang, Ranchero, and Capri.

Just wanted to share my excitement. Have a great week and a Merry Christmas.

- Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:57 pm:

Jim, I sound a youtube video of a brass T driving around a european racetrack. It took me a long time to realize it was gameplay video that looked and sounde so real. It did look like fun.. Try a youtube search.

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:08 pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrYid2IoLSg

This is not the one I remember, but one I just found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:12 pm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbUqTYQmi8&feature=related

I love this one. sounds like airplanes flying by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 07:31 am:

I also loved the 09 with center steering.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration