ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/19/10 KELLOGG BRASS TRIPLE TUBE TIRE HAND PUMP

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 12/19/10 KELLOGG BRASS TRIPLE TUBE TIRE HAND PUMP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:14 am:

Kellogg made one of the best and nicest looking tire pumps for Brass Era cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:35 am:

Jay

Very pretty, but a strong arm is needed by the chauffeur to pump up that big clincher tire :-)

Better yet to have the latest in motoring aids, just featured for 1909...the Prest-O-Lite Co. new pressure cylinder, just keep this handy for repairing that road side flat, no pumping needed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:14 pm:

How do the three tubes work? Do they all work in parallel or in series?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard near Pgh, PA on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:20 pm:

"No Strong Language!" The Prest-O-Lite reminds me of Fix aFlat. I wonder what the beneficial to rubber gas is?
I also wonder if the Kellogg pump is made by the Kellogg telephone Co. , was Kellogg a common name?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Gooding, Crystal, MI on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 03:11 pm:

I have some where in my T stuff a hose to inflate tires with that uses engine compression to inflate tires. Remove a spark plug and screw one end into the plug hole and attach the other end to the tire, start engine and pump up tire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A.J. "Art" Bell on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 03:58 pm:

Patent

George W. Kellogg
Rochester, New York
Pump
Patent number: 1357402
Filing date: Dec 4, 1919
Issue date: Nov 2, 1920
http://tinyurl.com/39euhbj
http://preview.tinyurl.com/39euhbj

Regards
Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 06:44 pm:

Howard,

Each cylinder is in series. The large one supplies the middle one which supplies the small one. The compression is more efficient that way, just like a compound steam engine. It should take less effort to pump up a tire, especially to high pressure.

The modern hand pumps for bicycle tires are light weight and easy to pump. They are designed to pump over 120 psi for the skinny tires on road bikes. I carry one in my car and use it to pump the tires after the car sits for a while.

Another option is the CO2 cartridges that are carried by bicycle riders.

Neil

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration