Progress!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Progress!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 01:09 pm:

Body is painted on back on the frame now. Been a while since I posted so for those who don't remember this was my granfather's touring car, cut down in the 30s and turned into a "skeeter." I "restored it" in the 70s as a pickup and drove it all over the place as a kid. We are now doing it in a much more proper manner. I have an aftermarket bed from somewhere back in the 20s or 30s that is going on and we have installed roadster top irons so as to take a standard roadster top. I've been trying to do this right since I was about 15...I am 49 now.

Oh and the spare tire rack is the original touring car rack modified for the running board. Thanks to whoever it was on the forum that sent me the old advert for these from back in the day. We were able to copy it.

T1 Dec 2010T2 Dec 2010

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier, MS. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 01:37 pm:

Hey Steve , that looks great. I'm working on a '25 roadster and am also planning on mounting the spare on the running board. Do you have any details or pics you could post?

regards,
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 01:53 pm:

Bob,

Attached is a close up of the rack taken during fit-up. We cut the arms off the back of it where it originally mounted to the rear of the frame and then added the "feet" to mount it to the running board and the braces to mount to the body bracket and frame. We beefed it up a little more since this picture was taken but its a pretty faithful reproduction of the one shown in the old advertisement. Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

SteveAdvertRack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber, Spanaway, Wa on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 01:55 pm:

That's a REALLY nice paint job!
Wish I could paint like that.
What kind of paint is it?
Great job...nice that it's been in the family that long.
Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 02:23 pm:

Will have to ask on the paint...I don't recall...I wish I could paint like that too!!! I have it at a shop in Huntsville Alabama for final body work, fitting, paint, etc. About all I did was clean everything up and remount the drive train on a non-cut frame. My father in law put in two lower patch panels on the body and did 90% of the body work. I did rebuild front and rear axles and replace the bands, rewired it, and sent coils, gen and starter off to the coilman...I can take credit for that much I guess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier, MS. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:25 pm:

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated
Bob B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:40 pm:

Nice shop area!!!!!!!! Very neat and organized. I'm impressed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 02:44 am:

Jim,

I'm impressed too! I'd be more impressed if it were my shop...I didn't get the spotless shop gene.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton, Tennessee, USA on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:47 pm:

Hood and fenders on now. Next comes upholstery, top, then the pickup bed goes on. Then I gotta find my grandmother's lap rug and get on the road.

Hood and Fenders

Here's my ebay-special flip top motometer cap. I think I am gettin above my raisin's with it but who cares...

Flip Top Bling

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Halpin on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 08:48 pm:

Looks like one heck of a nice job, to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 01:44 am:

Beautiful! Your going to feel like a million bucks going down the road in that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Sanders on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 02:05 am:

Boy! That is really, really nice Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 03:47 am:

Wow. That is one clean looking machine.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton, Tennessee, USA on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 12:05 pm:

Its come a long ways! This is what I started (rather, restarted) with. It sat in the barn at home looking about like this from around 1979 until 1999 or so.

The folks on the this forum have provided parts, information, advice, and a lot of encouragement. What a great bunch of folks here.

Before

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration