Split Inner Tube Stem Fix

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Split Inner Tube Stem Fix
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 04:05 pm:

I ran across pictures of this neat fix for those that split the cheapo tube stems or have leaks.

http://www.sheepisland.com/cars/tech/metal_stems/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 04:34 pm:

Truck stops and big truck shops can also replace the rubber stems. It is expensive,but can save an otherwise useless tube.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:09 pm:

That is a great post. I think a similar one was posted before. That is the correct way to install an old valve stem in a new tube, and I have used this method long before I ever saw this post. What I'm wondering is if A&L had Shraeder make up these stems? I wish they could make some for 30X3 and 30X3 1/2 tubes too. Some day the swap meet supply is going to dry up, especially after people find out that the tubes now being supplied are incorrect. Not only are they incorrect, the diameter of the stem is too large too, which throws your wheels out of balance even more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:34 pm:

Great post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:49 pm:

I've been using used metal stems for clincher tires, but I'm not sure what was originally supplied for Model Ts. For example, I know the stems have to be long enough to clear the wheel and short enough to get the valve cap on under the correct cover, but does anyone know what the correct length should be? Where they all supplied by Schrader?

stems

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration