Sunflower swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Sunflower swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tyrone thomas on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 08:06 pm:

Has anyone been to past Sunflower Swap meet in Wichita, ks in spring time? What did you think as for T parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 09:04 pm:

Tyrone,
Here's a link to the website...

http://www.wichitaas.com/swapmeet/swapmeet.html

I will have a whole stall full of old junk car parts, mostly Model T. Here's my take on the Wichita Model A Club Swap Meet. It is HUGE!!! It's the only thing car-wise that is going on in the dead of winter in our area. The swap meet is SOLD OUT...has been since the last one. The buildings (2 big ones) are full of stuff. The parking lot is full and it covers, with buildings, about 1/4 of a square mile. You have to pay to park (our greedy government's idea)...$5/day or $7/for 2-day pass. Some vendors are set up outside. Not bad, unless it is cold. Friday is a good day, as is Saturday most of the day, but the crowd starts to thin out about 2 PM on Saturday. As for T parts...less than half dozen vendors with T parts; lots more if you count the guys who only have a couple of T parts to sell. Car guys come from all over. I have fun visiting, if nothing else. It seems to me that if I go to a swap meet looking for a specific part, most of the time, I'll be disappointed. If I go looking to have fun and with an open mind as to what I can do with something unusual I find, I'm usually not disappointed! Our club banner will be at my stall (The Flatland T's of Kansas Chapter - MTFCA).
Verne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:32 pm:

Just wait another month and come to CHICKASHA 3rd week in March, pre-41 swap meet SKADS of T parts, we'll be there too selling, as I plow snow, I have someone else run my route while that week happens danuser88@socket.net used, NOS, reprod. T and TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:01 am:

I attend both. Chickasha, being open only to pre-war items, has more T stuff. But the Wichita meet provided a 1923 license plate for my touring, a 1924 plate for my TT project, and a set of 1951 plates (front & back) for my pickup. It took a few years of looking to find those last ones from the right county. It was there that I found a good NH body for $20 and a running board luggage rack for $5. I don't always find what I went for, but I usually find something.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration