Got my new Model T spoke pen

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Got my new Model T spoke pen
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 08:30 pm:

Got my new fountain pen today. Guess those old spokes are good for something. Thanks Mike. Now if this thing could just tell us all the things it's seen ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 08:43 pm:

Hmmmm.....Jack,.....I'm thinking maybe you don't mean that literally; I mean, a handmade ball point thing is one thing; a handmade "fountain pen" is something else again! Seems like a fountain pen would be a lot more work! It IS a ball point pen, right?

Very, very nice in either case; a real conversation piece for sure,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieB-Toms River N.J. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 09:12 pm:

Lotta miles on that pen I'll bet. Looks good for it's age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:18 pm:

I hope its made of hickory, if its oak, it may break under load.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:38 pm:

It's a ball point,a pen is a pen. I haven't seen a Fountain pen for some time. Yes,it's hickery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:42 am:

Those kits are much priceyer than the 1's I have been useing.Those I think are what they call the European design.He did a good job on that 1.
When i come up with a good lathe,I will be makeing some here at home myself.I have a bunch of different woods I want to try makeing some out of like cedar,some old oak from a barn that I was around when i young and so on.

I made me a spoke pen and my dad 1.He never totes his.But for whatever reason,I have never had a ink pen I could keep up with before now.But I keep up with this 1 all the time.In my pocket.I reckon since i invested the time into makeing it,my subconscience wont let me loose it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:49 am:

Got mine today too. Matt did a great job. They're too nice to carry around. I think I'll frame mine with a description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Moore on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:08 am:

Ken, Jack & Don,
Glad you all recieved and like your pens. Thanks again for the spokes you sent me. Hope you get many good long years of use from them. If they run out of ink you can get refills from Staples or Office Depot or any office supply store. I think they use Parker pen refills.
Matthew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration