1913 block with a problem - water jacket to inlet port hole

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1913 block with a problem - water jacket to inlet port hole
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:39 pm:

Hmmmm, just stripping my new resto when my finger found a hole from the centre large water jacket thru to the number 3 inlet port, now l think l need good replacement pipe plug march 1913 block.
Can anyone assist, if you are near Indianapolis all the better.
Thank in advance
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Grant Landy on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:12 am:

David-
There is a 13' block closer to home than you know! Call Bill and negotiate! I'm pretty sure he still has the USA block that I bought home from Arizona some years ago.
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.Woods on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:45 am:

Since 13 blocks don't grow on trees, don't dare throw it out. Someone may be desparate enough to buy it and then have the repair done by fusion welding. Midwest Cylinder Head Service can probably do it for a hefty price. I think their motto is "there ain't nothin we can't fix".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep NZ on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 02:09 am:

Normal people would consider welding it but i know someone that might just patch over it with newtech (a kind of polyester panel filler reinforced with metal and carbon fibres) Not saying it would be a good idea though, Just saying

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 04:22 am:

Maybe it be fixed, l just don't know how a good sized hole there can be made good! !!!!
I will ask that quesion after chrismas.

If you have a good bare Feb/Mar 1913 block, get in touch with me.

Cheers. David

PS- Warwick,l have left a message with Bill.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration