A Traveling Salesman's Car 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: A Traveling Salesman's Car 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:06 pm:

I thought some of you might enjoy checking this Salesman's setup out. Being into accessories I would love to find this rig and it's goodies under our Christmas tree! Heck, just the V German Silver radiator would rock my world!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:29 pm:

Wouldn't that be a welcome site on our next tour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 01:40 pm:

Doesn't "Snap-On" tools have one of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 06:51 pm:

William - Yes, Snap-on has a 1923 T Roadster with a specially built box on the back with pull out shelves similar to the one pictured above. I wrote an article for The Vintage Ford, March - April, 2009 issue, page 33, about it. This is a slant windshield low radiator car, which means it has to be a '23. It is on display in the museum at Snap-on World Headquarters here in Kenosha, Wisconsin, when not out for display at trade shows, etc. Snap-on is celebrating their 90th year in 2010, and their now retired Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Jack Michaels, is an avid enthusiast of both Snap-on and automotive history.

Jack enjoyed restoring the Snap-on T so much that he went and bought another one for himself. It's a '26 Tudor and its restoration is almost completed. He also has a significant collection of other old cars.

I'd post a picture of the Snap-on Model T, but posting pictures on this site is something I haven't mastered yet.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 08:57 pm:

I still have a peddlers rear box (body) w/4 drawers, handle is brass and lets down on leather straps, 2 large full length drawers, and 2 smaller full length drawers, it at one time had a rack on its top, says BAKERS PRODUCT on the sides, wood body would fit a 23-5 rdster nicely danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:57 pm:

That is quite an accessorized car. It has a Vee radiator and I don't know what to call the treatment of the dash area. Do you suppose that was to make an enclosed car out of it?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:14 am:

Herb, It stats that the dash accessory is a cowl dash by the Page woven wire fence company. This would change a pre 15 T to the new improved cowl model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:17 am:

Here's an ad for the Vee radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:58 am:

A similar one on this car:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/9349?size=_original

I don't know the brand of car or radiator

Herb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration