What would you want for Christmas?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: What would you want for Christmas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Davis on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 06:08 pm:

Hey guys. Its been a while since I posted and my T is back on the road as Hal told ya. I am posting a new thread to ask what you would want for Christmas? I have eveything I want honestly except my Marine at home this year. Christmas is really not about how expensive a gift someone can buy, but how much of own's self we are willing to give.
I do feel very blessed to have my own personal mechanic...SO, I thought I would give Hal something he desperately NEEDED....He has been working hard on Clara since she got here and so I thought I would say "thank you". NOW, he better keep it clean! I have attached some pics. See what you think? beforeafterafter2after 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 06:44 pm:

Looks good..Mine could you some help.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:03 pm:

I'd actually like to have a shop, instead of the portable tent I use now. But, that's life....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:05 pm:

My Wife did that to me once and I STILL can't find all my stuff!!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Davis on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:09 pm:

Yeah, Keith. LOL. He mentioned that! Problem, is though, I am the "tool gopher" on most projects, so its me who has to find it all anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:23 pm:

One of the most painfull moments in our marriege came when my wife cleaned my shop. I was still finding things years later. I now would rather keep it clean myself than ever let that happen again. She may have planned it that way all along.
I do enjoy working in a clean shop with tools all in place. Not safe stepping over things and digging under piles (I knew where everything was) to locate the item needed.

In the end, it was for the best, but I did nearly burst a blood vessel in my brain at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:38 pm:

I don't want to be stingy or self centered so I’ll follow the lead of Gracie Hart (Sandra Bullock) in “Miss Congeniality” and say “World Peace.” :-)

But I really want to win the lottery or discover that I have a rich uncle so I can pay some bills, and get some new tires and a stable mate for my 1919 model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:50 pm:

Well, I have to admit my first thought was "Where the #&!! is all my stuff?" But, I am sure I will find it. She pretty well knows where all the tools go. Parts? Well, that's another story. They never had a place, per se, hence the mess. But she assures me she didn't throw anything away.

She's definitely a keeper. How many of you guys out there have a wife that wanted to get another T so SHE could have one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:12 pm:

My wife says she wants to die before me, so she won't have to clean my garage...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:33 pm:

My wife has a 26 touring she is working on and she uses my tools and makes as much of a mess as I do (almost :-) ) so as long as I don't clean up the shop and she don't clean up the shop we both can find things, ..........most of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:34 pm:

I,,,for one,think you did a great job on the shop....I showed my Wife and she was impressed also......She did say that she wanted to "talk to you" ........For whatever reason,,,,I don't know ???? You and Hal keep the homefires burning till "Your Marine" is home safe along with all our Heros not at home with their families this year.....Hal and your family are lucky to have you.....Merry Christmas to all the Guys n'Gals on the forum.......Carl & Jacque Sorenson..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:55 pm:

I would have to ask for a house with out a shared drive way. Room for 3 cars (space for the T and A plus a space that I could work on my regular car) that was closed in and had a cement floor. Shop space where I could do something with out moving every thing to use the table saw etc. My storage for the T is a lean to with tarps not much bigger then the T and my shop is about 10 X 16. I have pretty much all the tools I need just no room to use them.
OH and heat in same!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:42 pm:

Wow! Great job of organizing. You guys coming to Texas any time soon? :-)

For the rest of you guys -

Christmas Canceled

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.M.Head in St Sauveur Quebec Canada on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:07 am:

What do I want? A sustainable planet populated with good people, responsible corporations, and good government.

A healthy family. Food to eat, shelter, and relative peace of mind.

Barring that, the knowledge that we too, as a species, will pass, and that Nature will prevail.

And the wisdom, in the interim, to enjoy some of Life's small pleasures, includes old cars, painting, fine wines, cooking, and fond memories.

And to not forget that, were Life fair, we'd all go to bed hungry tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Protexter, Sioux City, Iowa on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:07 am:

I see that there are other model T people that have an interest in old outboard motors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:49 am:

Erich Bruckner"s wife(see message above),
One of the most painful moments of our marriage is coming home to a garage that is in it's full glory of husbands bliss. I only stepped in when it became a safety hazard and I feared I would trip and get hurt. It also got to a point that I would hang my head in shame when we had to put the garage door up. Our next door neighbor is a neat freak. I gave my husband several warnings. I will never clean the garage again (I think).

Erich's Wife

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:54 am:

Safety shmafety,,,nosey neighbors......man cave.....I know the shop is a place of therapy. A non cluttered shop is more theraputic (and has better neighbor appeal apparently) and I feel I have grown in that regard.

Thanks honey, Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:58 am:

Karen I sure agree with you, I want my Marine back home for Christmas and New Year too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:41 am:

I'd like to see everybody's Marine, Soldier and Sailor home for Christmas. Until that happens, I am very grateful for their service!

s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:03 pm:

There's a lot of things I want for Christmas, some of which are not printable here.

Good health, the economy to pick up enough to the point I have some extra spending money, and all other things along that line.

When I was married, the now ex would help me in the shop on occasion. She thought it was fun until it was time to tear down a couple rear axles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker / Monterey, Tennessee on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:05 pm:

Dick:
AMEN !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller - Mostly in Dearborn, MI on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:14 pm:

1) I want my wife home for Christmas. She's been living on the other side of the state for the last seven months helping open a new office for her company and I miss her.

2) I want my wife to come home and re-claim her dog that she got nine months ago. This is the dog that dragged the car whose bumper I had it leashed to so that it could chew up my new oak rocker in my workshop.

3) World peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White, Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 07:11 pm:

Funny how the aches and pains seem to go away when I'm working in the shop on a favorite project. My wife can pick up a hammer and a screw driver by the right end but her knowledge of things mechanical end there. She says that's why she keeps me.

Happy Holidays to all especially our service members, past and present.
Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karen Davis on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 06:54 pm:

That picture was precious. I can't type too well and cry at the sametime, but I can't wait til I get one of those hugs in February!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Karen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 07:44 pm:

Rick - I would be happy to clean out your garage if you die before your wife.
AND - I won't charge her anything for the work except for a hot meal or two. :-)

Please give your wife my name and address.

I'll also do your den and reading room for an extra meal. :-)

No thanks required!
I'm just being a good friends!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration