Ford To Frisco: Any Interest?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: Ford To Frisco: Any Interest?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:07 pm:

A few years ago I had found a copy of "Ford to Frisco" It is a 45 page journal published in 1915 that documents the trip of a Pharmacist from Metropolis Ill to San Fransisco for the 1915 San Francisco Panama Pacific International Exposition. The book describes in great detail the nature of travel when our cars were new and what people were like. The author describes his every day and expense.

I found it to be fascinating, and like the accompanying period photos. If I recall, the Author met Henry Ford when he made it to his destination. It's been a while since I read it, but I thought it was very cool.

I've been considering trying to get this book reproduced so other can enjoy it. But, before I send it to a book scanner and one of those small publishers, I'd love to be sure some people might be interested in it before I start doing it.

Please let me know!

Thanks
Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:11 pm:

I'd be interested in a copy. Possibly 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Carter on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:16 pm:

Same here... John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome R. Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:18 pm:

add me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Faccin - Crystal Falls, Michigan on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 09:23 pm:

Count me in.

Thanks,
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis - Lyons, GA on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:02 pm:

Sounds interesting to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:06 pm:

I'll take one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:13 pm:

Count me in. I love this kind of thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:19 pm:

Yep. Me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN ROSSI. BRANFORD, FL on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:14 am:

Count me in for one, too....Sooner the better...

Jack '25 Roadster pick-up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:30 am:

So Richard, Why not just photo shoot or scan the booklet and share it here unless you need to make a business out of it??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:32 am:

Yes, me too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 03:01 am:

I'll take one. Thanks. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyler Searle--Randolph-NY on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 07:23 am:

Yup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By martin Cooke on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:03 am:

I'll take one. Thanks. Martin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Harold - Noblesville, IN on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:08 am:

I'll be interested in a copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder, Baraboo, WI on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:54 am:

I would also be interested in a couple of copies. This would be an excellent book to sell in the MTFCA museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:59 am:

Richard
I would like a copy of the reprint for my collection.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen, Ham Lake, MN on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:21 pm:

Ditto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse granville,ohio on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:44 pm:

Please include me too------Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lipa on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:36 pm:

Add would like ot have one as well. Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:16 pm:

Please add me to the list.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:29 pm:

Me too.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 06:54 pm:

Hi!

Thank you all for speaking up. Seeing that people would be interested in this, I'll see what I can do to get it reprinted. Anyone else who is interested, please post so I have a rough idea of how many I should look to reprint.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:23 pm:

Richard,

I don't know about others but I could be just as interested in a digital copy as a paper one. Might get both if that was an opportunity and depending on price.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:42 pm:

Sounds like a great read to me. I would like one. Keep us posted please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Conner - Sanford, NC on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:16 pm:

I'm interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By NEIL OBRIEN on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:40 pm:

Wouldn't a dvd be cheaper/easier? I'm interested eather way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:50 pm:

Here is a little blurb about the book:
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ford-to-frisco-metropolis-ill-to-san-franc isco-1

I too would be interested in it.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Adair on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 02:48 am:

Richard, Count me in for one, thank you...Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 09:46 am:

I am interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:23 am:

Please add me to the list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little, South Paris, Maine on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 03:51 pm:

Please add me also!

Charlie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 05:08 pm:

Merry Christmas!

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:18 am:

Hi

It looks like I am going to be able to do this. I spoke with a few companies and may be able to have this out in a few weeks. It looks like the book will be around $10.00.

Does this work? The binding will be a "perfect" style binding as opposed to 3 staples that are used in the original. It should make the book more durable and enjoyable.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thunder on the Plains of Colorado on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:31 am:

Count me in too, please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Frierson on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 12:45 am:

i'm in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Lewin - Shingle Springs, Ca. on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 09:37 am:

Add my name to the list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 10:29 am:

Add me to I'll take one...You'll take paypal....right....lol..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Saltsgaver on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:24 am:

Throw me in the pile too.
thanks,
Mike Saltsgaver

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 05:52 pm:

Add me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve DeCosa on Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 11:03 pm:

Hi Richard.

Please add my name to the list.

Sent you a PM also.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Happy New Year to all.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration