1927 Coupe on Craiglist

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: 1927 Coupe on Craiglist
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:57 am:

It's been for sale for $9K or more for quite some time, and now $7K. Looks pretty good.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2122200592.html

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:30 am:

This one has been out there for a while as well. It's a 1924, not a '27.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2109081648.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 07:35 am:

Good buy; has a Ruxstell too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen-Central Minnesota on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:33 am:

Ricks, Watch for the parts of that one to start showing up on eBay. The price is now into the range where Mike Peterson(Gunman63) is likely to buy it and part it out. He loves taking those improved Fords off the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:41 am:

I noticed the '27 Coupe has earlier pedals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eric flower on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:00 am:

I was thinking the same thing about the parts....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John A Kuehn on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:11 am:

The prices are pretty good for those cars! That shows its a buyers market. You cant hardley build a T for those prices considering parts, time involved and etc. Espically the fourdoor sedan considering the wood work involved.
My opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:47 pm:

The gas line on the coupe will eventually break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:56 pm:

I would buy that '27 Coupe if it wasn't so far away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:36 pm:

How did he include such large pictures? (And so many) Every time I've tried to post pictures on Craigslist, they come out small like in the second link. Is there a way to use external links on Craigslist?

Both look to be nice cars by the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Dahlinger on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:40 pm:

Ken,

If you upload your pictures to photobucket or similar image hosting site, you can put the HTML code into your Craigslist posting.

That way you get the big pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:56 pm:

So Eric are u bad mouthing me or making sure someone steps up and buys it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 03:35 pm:

I wish I wasn't broke. I would love to buy either of those cars at those prices.
Happy Holidays, and drive carefully, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen-Central Minnesota on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 05:29 pm:

Mike,

I was making a statement of fact. At $7,000, that car is now in the price range that puts it at risk of being parted out for profit. A sad fact of Model Ts, especially the '26/'27 closed cars, is that there is profit in parting them out.

As you are well aware, I've defended your right to do whatever you want with the cars once you buy them. I still believe that. Once you own them, you can rod them, restore them, shoot them with a cannon or whatever you want. You've paid for them, they are yours.

Now, you're not a bad guy and I enjoy talking to you a swap meets and auctions. But, I'm well aware that you and I are not involved with Model Ts for the same reasons. I'm interested in the Model T for nostalgia, preserving a little history and sharing camaraderie with like minded people. I like seeing them on the road and I feel that by helping people restore their Model Ts, I'm sharing a little of the American perspective. It's clear that you take a much more mercenary view of them; to you a '26/'27 closed car is just a collection of parts waiting to be disassembled and sold. That's an abyss that I could never jump into. But, as long as you can find cheap cars and buyers for the parts, you're free to do your thing.

So, after all that, the short answer to the first question is no, I wasn't bad mouthing you. To the second, it is my sincere hope that Model T prices will rise to the point that it is no longer profitable to part out nicely restored or well preserved original examples.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Conner - Sanford, NC on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 06:02 pm:

That is cheap for both of them. I wish I had the money right now to go and get the Fordoor. The majority of the cars I've seen listed have been above $10k and most are not in as good a shape as they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 06:26 pm:

LOL, Eric i should have put a smiley face after that, I knew u wouldnt bad mouth me. I believe in everything u said, other than the price rising.
But for every one i part out, theres many more going back together with those parts, and when there orginial parts, they fit better than most of the aftermarket parts that most everyone complains about. not all are rodded, many parts go back to people on this forum, but as the bookie or the drug dealer no one knows who but me, or as they say what happens in vegas stays in vegas.
The coupe is pretty decent , and hold your breathe almost to nice to part, but looks like it would come apart easy, no rusty bolts. but pics are deceiving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money, Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 06:46 pm:

I hate to see the cars be parted out, but on the other hand, I wish he lived closer to me so I could save on shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 07:13 pm:

If we didn't have cars being parted out at sometime in their lives, we wouldn't have this hobby, swapmeets, or any decent parts to keep them running. As long as they are not going to the crusher, I don't lose sleep over them being dispersed into the wind so that other Model T's may live.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:51 pm:

Doug,
I agree, sometimes shipping can get out of line. This one must have been shipped from the MOON!.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/26-27-model-T-tail-light-/380299440118?pt=Vintage _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588b9ceff6

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:25 pm:

Jim . ya need to read further down in the description, says $12 NOT 12 grand, cant change the shipping amount after someone bids. im not perfect. havent u ever made a mistake or miss typed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:52 pm:

Well,I really hate to see good cars parted out.
But I have bought a crankshaft pully from Mike that he thought was Nos.I got it,decent price,but it was used and worn.
I got it cheap enough and such that I was just going to weld up the 2 holes and file them back out and be happy.But there was a thread here on the forum and I mentioned i had bought it ,not thinking Mike posted here.The next week there was a full refund in the mail box.I offered to return the part,and he said keep it.
So allthough it is very sad to see good cars parted out,I will say my few dealings with him have been good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 12:10 am:

Mike,
Yes, I read it and yes I make typos ALL the time.

If the truth be told, your shipping rates are the most reasonable I have seen. You are very fair.

I guess I should have put one of those smiley faces on that one too.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 08:48 am:

LOL, Have a Merry Christmas Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration