The Square Deal Auto Exchange

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2010: The Square Deal Auto Exchange
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 08:17 am:

From Shorpy:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/9523?size=_original

Looks like a cycle car.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:51 am:

Herb-
Notice how wavey the windshield glass is!
: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush, Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 01:12 pm:

Keith - Yes, that windshield looks like hand-blown plate glass, like you might see in very old house windows.

This is the kind that you absolutely do not want to have in your car!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Denis Chicoine, MD on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:44 pm:

I got some glass like that from a friend who was replacing the windows on his very old house. I used it for decorative glass in a china cabinet. He called it "float glass". I don't know how it was made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:05 pm:

That car is an Argo.

A good friend of my dad had an Argo roadster - I saw it many times while growing up.

My opinion is that an Argo is one step above a cycle car and one step below a Saxon roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:14 pm:

FYI -

Float glass is made by floating glass on liquid tin so it has smooth surfaces. Most automobile, agricultural, and window glass is made that way today.

Before float glass glassblowers would make a cylinder or ball and it to make it flat.
This glass usually had the remnants of the place the blowpipe was attached to the glass.
It looks somewhat like a bulls eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 09:27 pm:

There are four modes of transportation in this photo.
1) car
2) horse
3) bicycle
4) feet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration